I feel thankful

covewi

I was lucky enough to be gifted a 2500 lumen Espson Moviemate video projector over the weekend from a co-worker who was moving out of state. Ive always been into video mapping but
I can now actually accomplish something.

Took the projector outside - it wll cover 3/4 the width of my house and down about 1/2 from the top of the second story peak. Since it doesnt cover the entire front of the house I turned the projector 90 degrees. I covers the entire 1st and 2nd stories perfectly and covers a width that will look okay.

Is there a way to make a sequence in xlights that will project correctly with a projector at 90 degees off a normal axis?

I’ve never done this but I’d think the effect setting “Rotate 90 degrees” would get you what you need.

Also, I’d suggest you do a little research before rotating this projector 90 degrees. A lot of lamp based projectors should not be rotated on their side. Or if they can be rotated a certain side has to be up. This is due to cooling issues - they can overheat or have a reduced lamp life if the cooling system can’t work properly. I looked at the spec sheet for this projector and did not see anything on rotation - you might see if the manual says anything.

Back