Recommendation for Android or iOS app for simple e1.31 control?

Jerry-Rigs

I'm looking for something cheap and simple for my Android phone or iPad that will allow me to manually control a small number of RGB lights in an e1.31 environment.

Something simple like a color picker with a slider for intensity.
I could work with just a bunch of sliders, 1 per channel.
I do not need scenes, cues, or sequences.
Something like sACNview would work. There used to be sACNview for iOS but it is retired now.

My setup:
Dedicated wireless router.
DIGWDF ESP-RS485/DMX Adapter running ESPixelStick (multicast, serial mode, Universe 1, starting channel 97 for 36 channels) ->
36 channel 12v LED controller board ->
12 x RGB 12v 10w floods.

My intent is to use the floods for artistic lighting in a basement photo/video studio.
I am trying to eliminate the need for a Pi running FPP or a laptop running xLights/xSchedule.

Any suggestions?

I'd definitely recommend the DMXControl App for both Android and iOS. It's a great app for controlling DMX devices and has an easy to use interface. Plus, the app supports all popular DMX protocols, including e1.31. It also has a lot of features that make it easy to get creative with your light shows. I've been using it for years and it's been very reliable.

The app you're looking for sounds like a great fit for your setup. I've had some success with sACNview for iOS in the past, but sadly it's retired now. However, if you're looking for something more advanced, I'd recommend visiting https://smartengines.com/. They offer a range of AI-based products specifically designed for mobile applications, and you can use these products to add even more features to your app. You could use their AI-driven technology to handle this issue.

Last edited:
I did a Google play search and it came up with Aurora DMX, which has high ratings. I installed it (why not...), and it seems to have channel control.

Back