Xlights- sides of house functioning as 1 node

ryewalk84

I recently put my design into 3D in xlights and now strands that run along the sides of my house are functioning as 1 node. Is there a setting somewhere to change this? I could redesign the poly-line to just be a straight line but would like to keep it in 3D if possible. I’ve attached a quick video- the left strand that is strobing all the same color is the side but I want it to do what is happening on the right side with the red and green.

I don't bother with 3D in Xlights, but what I think is it's not so much treating it as 1 node, as it is treating it like it is all on the same x-y coordinate. Xlights takes into account where things are when it renders the effects. If it thinks your string is all along the same x-y location and has no knowledge of the Z axis, those will all go on and off at the same time.

The way I would check is to play around with the effects which have a dedicated 3D setting (such as Pinwheel, Bars, Spirals....). If the 3D setting produces semi-desirable effects and unchecking it causes it to behave as all 1 node, then that is the problem.

Try adding a camera and rendering from the perspective of the camera using per preview render buffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back