software

MAG

In last year's program a previous run program all effects on 29 lines work. Checking program for this year one line out of 29 effects not working. Is there a way to reconnect it?

We will need a few more details. What software? What are your configuration settings? What has changed? When you move strings between ports, does the problem stay with the port or move with the string?

appreciate the help but you are taking way over my head. The program I'm using is Vixen 3.9u4. I have an Arduino mega 2650 that drives a Sain smart solid-state relay. Not sure what a string is. Ever thing is pretty much the same as last year, just one line is the problem the marks were once white are still there but with only a black box around them. It also doesn't activate the relay anymore. I tried relinking it with no succuss.

Thanks

A black box around an effect on the timeline? That usually indicates an error in one of the filters. Are you using color handling filters? Did you recently delete so channels and put them back without a filter?

String = a bunch of pixels / Incans / LEDs on a single length of wire.
Port = a connector on a controller.

In this case you are not using pixels. You are using strings of Incans or LEDs.
r
How many output ports are on your controller?

Yes, set up with color handling. Set to white. My box has 32 output ports. Currently using 29. I did delete one channel but added it back and it seems to work fine. It was not the one in question.

Never heard of a Solid State Receiver. Did you mean Solid State Relay? Smart Receiver used by Falcons?

In our general use, SSR == Solid State Relay and come in AC and DC versions. You can test them (Full one / off) by applying 5v gnd to the proper input pins on the CAT5 connector and then pulling each of the four input lines to ground using a jumper. The easier way to test is to hook the SSR up to a different set of control signals that are known working. If the SSR works as expected then your problem is elsewhere.

Thanks for your thoughts and help. I think we are going to sit this season out and regroup next year.

My advice: Yes do not try to get this working for this season, but do not stop working on the issue either. It takes a long time to get all of these details worked out and Christmas 2024 is only 11 1/2 months away. I am already starting to work on my 2024 show.

If you want, I can write the test sketch. Send me what you are using. Likely, you just lost a relay. You could easily reconfigure the sketch to use a different pin/relay for that channel.

Back