Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Olsen 595 Coop Schematic in Express PCB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Olsen 595 Coop Schematic in Express PCB

Hi again, im looking for the 595 coop schematic for ExpressPCB if anyone has it.I have the old home etch one but is confusing rewiring the parts. Also after one for the REN-C if possible.Trying to combine the 2 on one board with a few changes so its suitable for running LED strings without having SSR's around the place.
    cheers Synnie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Olsen 595 Coop Schematic in Express PCB

Are you talking about board layout or schematic? The 595 board pre-dates the expressPCB schematic program, I think, or they both came out around the same time. As far as the Ren-C goes, I think that the only schematic version is the one that wjohn has (unless I have an Orcad version somewhere or other).
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm...the layout i guess , i can get hold of the old layout with the indicator LEDs between the 595 and ULN which wayne has on his site,im after the one with the LEDs after the ULN as is on the COOP board.Im using expressPCB which is about all my brain can handle for redesigning the boards.I have eagle but still trying to work it out....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by synnie View Post
    Ummm...the layout i guess , i can get hold of the old layout with the indicator LEDs between the 595 and ULN which wayne has on his site,im after the one with the LEDs after the ULN as is on the COOP board.Im using expressPCB which is about all my brain can handle for redesigning the boards.I have eagle but still trying to work it out....
    ExpressPCB can only be used to create boards for their PCB manufacturing service.
    The problem with the freeware version of Eagle is that your board size is limited to 4"x3.2", which will be too small for a '595 board.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, im hoping i can print out the expresspcb and have a go at home etch.I bought some SSR's from US and the Seller(hi Tom if youre here) threw in a double sided board so i thought ill have a go.Not going to be a priority job but ill get it done.
    Cheers Synnie

Post Thanks / Like

PCB Artist is free, and really easy to use, and great for printing to the laser, lot's of options. If you have the layout, it's easy to put it in, as long as you have the components in the library. I have the RJ45, which isn't good in the original library, but David (ukewarrior) showed me that you can cut n paste from one board to another, so I "snitched" his, which WAS very good. If you go PCB Artist, I can send you a board with the jack on it, you can snitch, too!

I'd like to see it if you find it, I've looked all over for it, also, but only found the one with the led's different from what you are looking for. I know it's out there, because our buffer boards, are taken from it, if I recall. I might have the buffer boards, but I think they are in Atrium, or Protel. It would be nice if they all played nicely together!!

And if you find it, I can put it in PCB Artist for you, if you'd like...

Roger
    Last edited by 51fordf2; 05-15-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised that with all the interest in 595's that there are no board layouts to be had.

I may be wrong, but I believe the version of the 595 board you are referring to was done by Macrosill (Brian Bresocnik). You may want to ask him if the layout is available.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Brians is the one im chasing, now ive a few hours to kill i can check into it, and also ask Phil and John very very nicely if they have a copy of the design for REN-C.
    Ill look for PCB artist, but ill print to normal paper and then photocopy it at work, easier than buying a laser printer for now..I can open .sch attachments with expressPCB so i just found out...even that would work i guess...looking more now
    Thanks to all so far
    Graeme

Post Thanks / Like

Graeme - you can only open .sch files made with Express PCB in that program, and sch files made with other programs have to be opened with the program they were made in. Same with .pcb files - they aren't all created equal. So you need to know what program made any files you get. Sounds like you got an Express sch...

Bites, sometimes, when you think you've found what you need, but can't open it. But a lot of people use Express.

Roger
    [IMG]http://crbest.com/vixenlogo02.jpg[/IMG]

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN
    256 channels of blinkin', dimmin' bliss...
    "[B][I]The road goes on forever, and the party never ends!![/I][/B] [I]Robert Earl Keen[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Roger, yep found that out, Phil has given me a schematic which im slowly nutting out with help from a REN-C sitting beside me, the pics on the Wiki and all the input you guys and gals are giving me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast