$2.10 USB Sound card for RASP Pi & others

ukewarrior

Click to enlarge for the details.
Great deal on Amazon right now.
$2.10 after using the coupon with free prime shipping !
purgeme.JPG

How would this compare to the SoundBlaster 3? I have a Kulp K8-PB and was going with the soundblaster mainly because Dan Kulp called it out in the user manual, but this is significantly cheaper hah.

Thanks
-Russ

I had the cheap USB cards and found the sound quality so so at best on a pi.
The biggest difference is going to be sound quality and the fact the Soundblaster 3 is amplified.
Not knocking the cheap USB cards, great to keep as a spare but the SB3 will win hands down in quality.
Of course, all of this is coupled with the quality of your FM transmitter.
Garbage in/Garbage out as we say in IT.

I imagine the Soundblaster is a better device.
For me, this is a no way I can lose item to test with.
Who knows, it may work very well.
It certainly has a lot of positive reviews on amazon.
How would this compare to the SoundBlaster 3? I have a Kulp K8-PB and was going with the soundblaster mainly because Dan Kulp called it out in the user manual, but this is significantly cheaper hah.

Thanks
-Russ

I have a SB3 and a few cheap ones. I was previously using a cheap one and it worked fine. The SB3 is defiantly is amplified, I ran fpp at 100% volume with the cheap one with the SB3 I am at 30% volume and its louder than the cheap one at 100%.

Thanks,
Shawn

For years, in order to get great sound from computers (especially laptops) when feeding my DJ system, it took high-end Digital-to-Analog units. Usual cost was around $200-$250 dollars per interface. Then came devices such as the SoundBlaster Play 3. $30. Now there are units such as this at $2.10.

The thing I'm trying to say/ask is, "how well does it actually work?" The SoundBlaster Play 3 does indeed match or better most of the $250 dollar units I've used. So, is it possible that these new ones have matched the SB3?

I've learned the valuable lesson: In this world, I'm not going on price - just performance.

I couldn't find the $2 deal on Amazon--only a $4 deal on Ali. I'm not too worried about it. I just configure the Pi for Bluetooth classic, and pipe it to the speaker that's weatherproofed. My whole Pi contraption is not.

I couldn't find the $2 deal on Amazon--only a $4 deal on Ali. I'm not too worried about it. I just configure the Pi for Bluetooth classic, and pipe it to the speaker that's weatherproofed. My whole Pi contraption is not.

In all tests and attempts to use Bluetooth, there has been a problem with what has been termed "Bluetooth Delay" or "Bluetooth Lag".

How is the delay in your setup?

I absolutely have delay, and I'm okay with it. I don't feel the need to synchronize the lights that tightly. For example, Halloween, my sound is thunder, and my lights are lightning. The thunder is supposed to lag. More power to the people who are all about Xlights at 100ms steps, but I'm just not about that. Most of the time.

Back