2010 OKC Area Mini

gmbartlett

[size=+1]
[size=+2]Christmas is not over!!![/size]

Here we go again... (our 5th annual event)

I would like to announce another OK-Mini Plus here in central Oklahoma. As last year, it will be held at my house in Norman. I will co-host it with Tom, aka Santa’s Helper on PC.

Date: 24 April 2010
Location: Norman, Oklahoma at Greg's House (just south of OKC)
A map will be provided in a later update.
Time: 1:00pm till 10:00pm (or when we get tired) yea right.

[size=+3]Open to all DIYC members and families!!! Newbies and oldies.[/size]

Free admission, free lance and free spotlight.
All you have to do is attend, share and have fun!!!
Meat tray and such will be provided. This means we eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

Strongly recommended:
Bring your thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.
There have been great ideas shared and posted since our last gathering. I would like to see those ideas in person, along with everyone else who attends.

There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any training/sharing or showing videos of our displays.

Now is the time to shine. Chime in and mention what you would like to see/show/share.

[size=+2]What would you like to see???[/size]
Arches?
Mini Trees?
Mega Tree?
Snow Flakes?
It's endless!!!
(so bring your stuff).

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

There will be a swap/trade/sale of items so bring those too.

As mentioned earlier, there is "no cost" to attend the OK-Mini. We will provide sandwiches and other finger/snack foods for your enjoyment. There is no schedule to keep up with once things get started. So show up when you can and for how ever long you can stay.

I will provide updates with hotel info, maps and other events going on in the area during the mini for family members not interested in the mini and looking for something else to do.

Soooo stay tuned for further updates.

Reminder: your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please post them here or contact me @ gregory_m_bartlett@hotmail.com

Thank you, and let the fun begin.
[/size]

How many people usually show up for these events? It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't think I'll be able to attend.
How ever, thank you for setting this up for the rest of us to have the option to come and have a good time. It's very nice of you to open your house.

How many people usually show up for these events? It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't think I'll be able to attend.
How ever, thank you for setting this up for the rest of us to have the option to come and have a good time. It's very nice of you to open your house.

We usually have between 15 and 20 show up for this event. If you can make it by for only an hour or so I'm sure you will get something out of it.

Only four weeks until the 2010 OKC Area Mini. It is shaping up to be the best one every. A member from the PC forum is a competition BBQer during the summer. He has offered to bring some of his BBQ to share at the event.

We will also be trying some formal classes for the first time. I plan to present a short class on how I've made my mega tree, including sources for materials, calculations for guy wires and tips/tricks for setting it up.

I also plan to demo my new Helix Light Controller v2 and the 32 ch SSR daughter boards.

If anyone would be willing to present a class on something special that you do please let me know. It doesn't have to be anything too formal or spectactular just something you are willing to share with the group.

We will also have some door prizes to give away.

If you are planning on attending please post here so we can get a head count. Also, let me know if you will need a hotel and I can make some recommendations.

The address for the mini is:
1103 Little River Rd
Norman, OK 73071

I look forward to seeing everyone in four weeks.

If I am in town I'll be there but my client has kept me very busy since January and I don't see the end of the tunnel.

I hope I can come!

Two weeks before the deadline and I finally got the okay for the day off. I can't leave town until 1:00 or so, but my day is clear for the drive. Look forward to meeting some more folks and drooling over that fine controller one more time.

Two weeks before the deadline and I finally got the okay for the day off. I can't leave town until 1:00 or so, but my day is clear for the drive. Look forward to meeting some more folks and drooling over that fine controller one more time.

That's great KC. I look forward to seeing you again.

PLEASE count me in. This year will be my first "real" computer controlled light show. I am looking forward to this meeting. I am in Bridge Creek so you are not far.

Ron :p

I am going to try and make it. That is also the weekend of the OKC Memorial Marathon so I am very busy. Which also bring up that if there are family members who have never been to the memorial downtown it is a great weekend to go check it out.

Who is this "KC" guy.. a new member? ;)

Wish I could make it.. but I have an overdue project to complete and post.

Don't forget to post pics!

Back