2013 OKC Area Mini PLUS

What is your preferred date for the 2013 OKC Mini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gmbartlett

Christmas is not over yet!!!

Here we go again...[size=+2] (our 8th annual event)[/size]

I would like to announce another OKC Area Mini PLUS here in central Oklahoma. As with the past few years, it will be held at my house. Tom, aka Santa's Helper on PC, has been away for a spell but will be back to help me this year and to blow this mini out of the water.

Date: 13 April 2013

Please note - A special 16th birthday is planned for my daughter Catherine on April 6th and I don't think she is wishing for an OK-Mini on her birthday (I know... what is wrong with her, right?) :wink2:
So that day is taken but any other Saturday in April should be fine.

Location: 1103 Little River Rd, Norman (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1103...d,+Norman,+Cleveland,+Oklahoma+73071&t=m&z=16)
Time: 1:00 pm until ???
Admission: Free as always

[size=+1]Open to all DIYC members, families and friends!!! Newbies and oldies.[/size]

Free admission, free lance and free spotlight.
All you have to do is attend, share and have fun!!!
Meat tray and such will be provided. This means we eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

Strongly recommended:
Bring your thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.
There have been great ideas shared and posted since our last gathering. I would like to see those ideas in person, along with everyone else who attends.

There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any training/sharing or showing videos of our displays.

Now is the time to shine. Chime in and mention what you would like to see/show/share.

What would you like to see/share???
DIY?
RGB strips?
Arches?
Mini Trees?
Mega Tree?
Snow Flakes?
It's endless!!!
(so bring your stuff).

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

There will be a swap/trade/sale of items so bring those too.

As mentioned earlier, there is "no cost" to attend the OK-Mini. There is no schedule to keep up with once things get started. So show up when you can and for how ever long you can stay.

Greg and myself will provide other events going on in the area during the mini for family members not interested in the mini and looking for something else to do.

Soooo stay tuned for further updates/posts.

Reminder: your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please post them here or email me at Greg at helixlightcontroller dot com

Thank you, and let the fun begin.

[size=+1]Please don't be shy. Post your thoughts and ideas!!![/size]

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I will be donating a frame for a door prize. Also, If you are planning on being at the Mini and would like to order a frame, please let me know. If I'm unable to make it I will ship all of the frames to Greg to give them to you. I will spread the cost of shipping out between all of the orders. This will save you some money.

I must have the orders by March 5th in order to get them made and ready to ship in time.

I want to come this year, cause I drove to OKC area to see the lights and didn't find them all. Anyway, I can't vote on a date yet because I do not have all of my soccer teams schedules yet.

Awesome I can't wait Greg.
Thanks again for putting this on.
If you need us to bring anything (food, pop, etc) just let me know.
Also, let me know what people are wanting to see and maybe I can help out there.
I added an RGB star and a pixel tree this year. The tree would be to much to bring but I could bring a few strands to show.

I would like to see programming of LSP. I went to it this year but mainly just imported and expanded.
Thanks for hosting this again!

Awesome I can't wait Greg.
Thanks again for putting this on.
If you need us to bring anything (food, pop, etc) just let me know.
Also, let me know what people are wanting to see and maybe I can help out there.
I added an RGB star and a pixel tree this year. The tree would be to much to bring but I could bring a few strands to show.

I would like to see programming of LSP. I went to it this year but mainly just imported and expanded.
Thanks for hosting this again!

I'm glad you plan to attend. As we get closer I'll let know if we need you to bring anything.

I'd like to see your RGB star if you can bring it.

I've tabulated the results of this poll and the similar one on PC. I've discarded the duplicate votes. The final tally is:

13 April 2013: 6 Votes

20 April 2013: 4 Votes

27 April 2013: 3 Votes

So it looks like the date for this year's mini will be 13 April 2013.

Glad i looked, i forgot to check after the pole ended when it was going to be. Anyways I will try to get my 100 watt super flood ready in time for the mini. So people bring your sunglasses. :cool2:

Hmm, I might need a tan by then.

I think the crystal beds over in Jet/Cherokee open April 15th. Was trying to find out if that was still open to dig and still begins the 15th. Do you know, Greg?

Hmm, I might need a tan by then.

I think the crystal beds over in Jet/Cherokee open April 15th. Was trying to find out if that was still open to dig and still begins the 15th. Do you know, Greg?

According to the US Fish and Wildlife website crystal digging is permitted April 1 through October 15, sunrise to sunset. (http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/oklahoma/selenite.html)

Are you thinking about attending? I'd love to meet you!

We are thinking about it, Greg. No promises as of today. Looking at the logistics of using digging trip to "cover" the cost as a business expense... if you follow my drift.

Ever been over to that place -> the Great Salt Plain. Weird and wild place. Even better at night (++ for full moon)!

you talking about Jet OK. Been there many times and also camped as well....had a blast digging "crystals"

Yea i remember doing that years ago, might be something fun for Greg and his family to do. Also, there is a new water park in Clinton, OK that has a motel to stay at like great wolf lodge i believe.

Back