2014 MegaTree Pixel/RGB Mounting Strips - Round 1

I see you used a 4" Spacing. What is the spacing on your strings?

He has them every 3" on the strip. The strips are set at 1" centers and he is skipping 2. It looks like he has 4" center pixel strings. Based on the amount of extra wire I see.

James

Correct. I tried the 4" spacing but the strings were to tight so I went to 3" and shortened the tree for this year. Next year I will add more pixels to the string to make it a full 16 feet tall

How is everyone connecting strips together. Let's say you need two in series. I wouldn't thing zip ties were strong enough. THoughts?

How is everyone connecting strips together. Let's say you need two in series. I wouldn't thing zip ties were strong enough. THoughts?

I didn't think it would work, but my buddy down the street made it so that the strips overlapped enough so 2 pixels went into both strips and it worked. Super strong connection.

James

Thanks, Waiting patiently for my delivery. Had some weird deliver cancel messages last week but now it seems like it's on track

I used #10x1/4 screws without washers. For the ends, I used D rings with the same screws, but a washer on each side. Love these things. Save me so much electrical tape this year!

Got mine and ordered more. They are great and easy to use, the wife asked if she could help, now that is recommendation for sure.

Great job thanks for your work.

Al

I have purchased D-rings from ebay and on amazon.com. I think I paid about $12 FOR 50 1" welded d-rings the last time I purchased some.

James:

I'm line #74. Can you verify if mine have shipped yet. I have not received them.

Thanks
Dan

James:

I got your IM. But for some reason my responses with my address do not appear to be sending.

Do you have an e-mail i can use to send you my address?

Thanks
Dan

James:

I got your IM. But for some reason my responses with my address do not appear to be sending.

Do you have an e-mail i can use to send you my address?

Thanks
Dan

I sent you a PM with tracking#. I show it scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Thanks,
James

well James after 2 week post office finaly know where i live and it finaly arrived ,,i got my strip ,,now i can work on building the tree ,, thanks again
cheer

I prefer tighter spacing at the top with a smaller diameter top plate than what the strips side by side would make. For this reason I'm opting to not do the d ring style but rather use 3/4" wide, 1/8" thick, approx. 4-5" long aluminum flat bar stock. I'm drilling 3 holes in each one, 2 for the attachment to the strip which will be attached with rivets. There will be around 2" of the aluminum hanging over the end of the strip with a hole drilled at the top, center that will just hook onto a j bolt on my top plate. I'm doing about the same thing on the bottom, except the aluminum will be flush with the end of the strip and a hook eye turnbuckle tensioner will be attached to that to get/keep these tight and straight
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk 2

If you have, say a 13 or 14 foot frame height to hang your pixels from, are you cutting the mounting strip to fit since they are 8 foot strips. Just curious as how others are doing theirs. My frame is like 13 feet tall and made of 1 inch PVC. I'm wrapping the excess over the top 1inch PVC pipe and also the excess at the bottom 1 inch pvc pipe and using the pixel to hold the strip together. So far I only have done one 50 count pixel string. That way might change as I add more if I can't get them tight that way.

Last edited:
Back