2022 Transworld Halloween and Christmas Expo in St Louis

Leglamp

Supporting Member
Sorry for the short notice, but time slipped away from me this year again. Just a reminder the TransWorld's Halloween and Christmas Show is coming to St. Louis March 17-20, 2022. If anyone is interested, tickets are still available. It is being held at the America’s Center in downtown St Louis MO. This will be the 3rd time my wife and I have attended the event. Make sure you wear good walking shoes. The floor is all concrete, no carpeting to cushion the walk. We were down there for 5 hours and still saw something new or different each time we walked thru the exhibits.

If you think your megatree is big, come see the monster mega trees in this building. Very tall and very bright! The Christmas side of the event is about a third the size of Halloween, but still amazing to see and all the booths and displays. There's also many vendors you can chat with to learn more info or buy supplies from. We even ran into a few members from this Christmas community including James Hohensee, Algerdes, Halstaff. Last year Richard Holdman (yeah that guy on "Invasion of the Christmas Light") was there. This year they added a snow carnival which is included in the price of your ticket.

https://www.snow-carnival.com/

Tickets are pricey though at $95 per person. The price is an early bird special. On March 10, the price goes up to $110 a ticket. But the show is a 4 day event and it is being held with the Halloween show. So both shows for one price! According to my contact at the show, there will be lots of free parties, mixers, demos, early bird seminars that are all included each day. The show floor is over 400,000 sq ft with 370 vendors and over 13,000 attendees. Go to Christmas one day and Halloween the next 😊

Remember this is the Transworld Halloween and Christmas expo in St Louis Missouri. This is not the Christmas expo in Biloxi Mississippi or Las Vegas!

For more info about the events click on the links below. If you plan on attending let me know by private mail so we can meet!
https://www.haashow.com/

Thanks
Adam

P.S. There is an age restriction, no one under 16 allowed.

Not to scare anyone off, but some of those folks mentioned will be haunting the Christmas Show again this year! :unsure::thup::nasty:
If you see ("them") stop and say HI!

Nice advantage for me is the Dome is only 27 miles from my house. Yes, I'll be there, off and on. (Need my naps. Getting old, and all. :eek:mg: )

Just a reminder the TransWorld's Halloween and Christmas Show is coming to St. Louis March 17-20, 2022. The early bird price ($95.00) ends today. Tomorrow March 10, the price goes up to $110 a ticket. So if you plan on attending you need to buy your tickets today to take advantage of the discounted ticket price.

Remember this is the Transworld Halloween and Christmas expo in St Louis Missouri. This is not the Christmas expo in Biloxi Mississippi or Las Vegas!

For more info about the events click on the links below. If you plan on attending let me know by private mail so we can meet!
https://www.haashow.com/

Really hope to see you there!
Adam

This was our third expo and this years Halloween expo was just as fun as previous ones we've attended. You can walk up and down the aisles 5 or 6 times and still see something different each time. It can be sensory overload at times. Very loud, very crowded and too foggy in some areas of the Halloween side. My wife and I went on Friday and Saturday. Spent about 6 hours each day and still saw something new each time. Now my wife is 100% terrifed of clowns and the best part was when a 7 or 8 year old kid dressed as an evil clown came up behind her and scared the crap out of her. He didn't utter one word. Just peeked out from the crowd of people and stood there. All I heard was NO! NO! NO! and she was gone.

Christmas didn't seem to have its pizzazz this year. Don't get me wrong the Christmas side was still beautiful and lots to see, but when compared to past seasons, something was missing this year.

My biggest complaints about attending the expo are:
it's very expensive. Tickets are close to $100 a piece. Plus you also have to pay for parking which can be a problem in St louis, especially if there's sports or other conventions going on downtown.

The choices for food in the expo are very limited. Only a few of the many concession stand are open. Sugarfire BBQ had a small booth there, but the line got long very fast. Finding a table to sit at and eat can be difficult. You almost have to share a table with other attendees there. The price of water was ridiculous too. I think it was $6 a bottle.

We decided to make it a whole weekend experience so we stayed at a hotel at about the halfway point between home and the expo for 2 days. We didn't want to drive 30 miles each day with gas around $4 a gallon.

We're already planning on going next year, but if the ticket prices continue to go up, we might have to rethink if it's really worth it.

I didn't do exactly that expo, but at other mega mini's, etc., I almost always get the price of admission back in the form of winning stuff. I think I paid $150 this year to Christmas Expo, but won a $150 Amazon gift card in karaoke and a wire frame prop in the big raffle. A lot of people even won free admission to next year's Expo. But yeah, food options were bad at the Christmas Expo, too.

Back