3.10u1 Released

jeffu231

3.10u1 has been released. The main item here is the Weave effect that was inadvertently omitted from the first release.

**Note**

The old legacy Nutcracker effect that has been deprecated for several years has been removed. You need to ensure all your sequences have been updated with the replacements before you upgrade, or you will not be able to open those sequences in the 3.10 an up releases. You can use the Find Effects tool under the View menu to search for them in your sequences if you are unsure if you have any remaining.

Release Notes - Vixen 3 - 3.10u1 Build

Improvement
* [VIX-2991] - Window resize doesn't resize the inner field with the list of sequences

Bug
* [VIX-3480] - Weave effect is not included in the formal builds

Last edited:
I have 3 sequences that will not open in 3.10 or u1. If I downgrade to 3.9.5 all open. Basically when I click on any of the 3 (and my other sequences work fine) it just pops up a message that says "Error trying to open file" and then lists the path to the file. I have taken backups I kept from each year/iteration and they have will not open either. Once I acknowledge the message basically the mouse just spins and never does anything else. The only way to stop it is to close the app. I have no idea where to go with troubleshooting it since it just spins and I have to close it, any input?

Last edited:
See the note in the 3.10 release announcement about the deprecated Nutcracker effect. You need to replace those with the newer versions before you upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See the note in the 3.10 release announcement about the deprecated Nutcracker effect. You need to replace those with the newer versions before you upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha, I recall that has been coming for a while and thanks for pointing it out. I will get it taken care of upcoming and that makes sense.

Just updated to Vixen 3.10.1 Build #1181 Release and for some reason thought that the Weave effect would work. I checked release notes for the latest Dev builds and it appears that some Weave effect test code had to be removed. Do I need to use Dev Build #1190 to get the Weave effect to work or is something wrong with my install of 3.10.1 Build #1181?

Probably best to use the dev build. There was some test code remaining that I did not notice when submitting that effect. If you want to use 3.10u1 create a folder c:\Temp\ as the test code is trying to write out a little test bitmap.

Back