3d Object Suite

ctmal

Supporting Member
Well, here it is...
This 'suite' is an addIn and an output Plugin that will aid in sequencing 3d models in Vixen. Currently there are 2 models included: The origional skull model from the skull sequencer and a snowman model created for dirknerkle. Soon I hope to have instructions available on how you can create your own 3d models for use with the addin and plugin.

For those who are using the Skull Sequencer: You may find this version extremely helpful since you can now import and export your profiles for use in the Preview and the AddIn and well as for importing into new sequences. You no longer need to configure your model every time you need to use it.

Instructions for it's use are included in the zip file.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2tn465di719sre/ObjectModelSuite.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
I had a request to update the snowman model so his(or her) head could also tilt and nod. So, here's the updated snowman(also known as snowman2...I know, so creative, right?).

I'll also add it to the suite download.

Also, I'm still working on getting tutorial together on how to create the models and the plugins to get them working with the sequencer. With the release of Visual Studio Express 2012 I'm hoping that Blend will make it easier to create the models. Otherwise I'll stick with Blender.

Does anyone have any experience with Blend? If so, can you create 3d xaml models in it?

Attachments

• snowman2.zip
    209 KB · Views: 30
Ok, the tutorials are done. Now, I don't expect this to be a 'high ticket' but anyone who is using spotlights might want to check it out. The tutorial creates a simple movable spotlight that you can create(or email me for the file).

Ok, the tutorials are done. Now, I don't expect this to be a 'high ticket' but anyone who is using spotlights might want to check it out. The tutorial creates a simple movable spotlight that you can create(or email me for the file).

Chris,,

Hey,, downloaded the 3d Object Suite but when I push the play button nothing happens,, also if I push the "R" key nothing happens,, tried this on both an Xp and win 7 machine. OH,, I'm running Vixen 2.1.1.0
any ideas?

Thanks

Chris,,

Hey,, downloaded the 3d Object Suite but when I push the play button nothing happens,, also if I push the "R" key nothing happens,, tried this on both an Xp and win 7 machine. OH,, I'm running Vixen 2.1.1.0
any ideas?

Thanks

Hmm...
A couple of things first, you have .Net 3.5 and slimDx installed, correct?
Here are the basic steps I took let me know if you're doing any thing different:
Create a sequence with however many channels you need and audio(must have audio).
Go to add-ins-> Object sequencer
You should be prompted to select a model -> then to set up your channel values(for now you can just except the defaults)
Next you should see the Main window with either the Skull or Snowman model in it.
From there, you should be able to press play or r to get some sort of feedback...

Is this where you're at?

I just saw something that might be doing it...make sure you're pressing a lower case r(and that your caps lock is off). An upper case R won't work.

Chris,,

yep,, I checked and do have .net 3.5 installed and the slimDx.

I have a sequence loaded, goto addins, click on Object Sequencer. get the skull or snowman, select skull, set the correct channels, put a check in the jaw check box, push the play button, the button flickers but returns to show PLAY.
I checked the lower case uppper case last night when the lower case "r" is pushed the play button flickers but when the "r" is released it goes back to PLAY. If I hold down the "r" key for a few seconds the button flashes and will show "resume", but then with another "r" push it returns to PLAY.
The sequence operates correctly when the sequence play button is pushed.
I tried changing the audio output device but didnt make any difference.
I saved my sequences, and profiles,, deleted Vixen 2.1.1.0 did a reboot, reinstalled vixen 2.1.1.0, copied the object sequencer files into the proper places, copied my audio back into the vixen audio folder.
left the profile and sequence folders empty,
made a new sequence with a new profile, in the profile I assigned 80 channels, the renard dimmer modified, the object preview, put check mark in renard dimmer modified and assigned all channels to it, left the object preview unchecked, set the correct com output information, added a song from the audio folder and selected use program default audio device, created and saved sequence.
opened sequence, pushed play button sound played and sequence moved across screen.
stopped sequence.
clicked on "Addins", clicked on "Object Sequencer".
sequencer loaded,, selected skull and set channels for it.
put check in "Jaw",
Pushed play button and again nothing.

Any other ideas
I am pretty sure its something here,, just cant get to the bottom of it!
could it be anything associated with the windows firewall or something like that?

Randy

The firewall shouldn't have anything to do with it, the add-in doesn't need to go out to the internet at all.

It sounds like it might be having some problems with playing the audio file. The fact that the buttons change would lead me to believe it's working but it's not playing.
Can't you try another audio file and/or a file of a different format? I think all of mine are .wav files or .mp3's. Also, in the top left, does it display the song length?
If you want, zip up your Vixen folder and post it on dropbox(or anything to share it) and send me the link. I'll try it on my computer.

FYI, it appears that there is an issue with running the Object Sequencer add-in on Windows XP. It appears that any audio longer than about 6 minutes will not play in the add-in. Everything appears to work correctly it Windows 7 though.

As of now, I haven't found the issue and I'm not even sure if there is a solution, I just want everybody aware if your using the add-in.

It looks like the dropbox link stopped working somewhere along the link. I've updated it and shared it again if anyone is interested.

Back