595 pcb

dynatech

New to the board. Can anyone tell me why the pcb for the olsen 595 comes out so small when I try to print it. What it the actual size? Thanks

Welcome to DIYC! This is a great place and you'll have a lot of fun here.

When you print the PDF file of the 595 layout, be sure to print it so that there is no scaling. You'll get two boards on the page. The board is 6-1/8 x 4-3/8 inches. That's the one with the border around it.

You can get 595 boards for about $10 or $12 from macrosill. He keeps a stock of them and it's a lot easier to just buy one than fiddle around with etching it.

Send a PM (private message) to macrosill or check the 595 forum -- you find info there.

Welcome to DIYC! This is a great place and you'll have a lot of fun here.

When you print the PDF file of the 595 layout, be sure to print it so that there is no scaling. You'll get two boards on the page. The board is 6-1/8 x 4-3/8 inches. That's the one with the border around it.

You can get 595 boards for about $10 or $12 from macrosill. He keeps a stock of them and it's a lot easier to just buy one than fiddle around with etching it.

Send a PM (private message) to macrosill or check the 595 forum -- you find info there.
Thanks

New to the board and could anyone tell me where I can buy some olsen 595 etched boards?

Macrosill sells them. Send him a PM. (He's also the nice guy who runs DIYC!!!)

The 595 is a GREAT board! And... by the way, Welcome to DIYC!!! I see you're a fellow Minnesnodan! We're having a mini-clinic this Saturday at my house and you're most certainly welcomed to attend. It's free, and we have about 12 or 13 other Christmas light enthusiasts coming, it's a great way to meet others and learn how others have done this crazy hobby. Check the forum on Gatherings for the Minnesota Mini 2011-2012 for full information.

Love to see you there -- you're just down I35, about an hour away.

-dave

Back