A Little football....

DaveJZ

So at the start of the college Football season I put together this "N" for my front yard... and no matter how crappy Nebraska has played it's been on... Tonight I took some 1/2 PVC pipe, heated with a torch, bent to shape, attached the 2 halves, drill a bunch of holes and pushed lights through... The holes on the back are drilled larger to hold the light socket. The lights are 50 Amber lights

I then took a motion light set apart and wired it up to the footballs... This way I don't need a computer to control the footballs. Because most know how us husker Fans are.... GO HUSKERS!!! it will stay up through Christmas and be in the display.

Heres a pic and sorry the video is sideways.... my wife had the camera :eek:

husker n.jpg

Hi Dave, nice website and display, I don't know if you ever get up to Sioux City, but I would love to visit if you did.

This is our third year, we were going to add a lot more this year, but because of the flood we moved out, threw away a bunch of stuff and gave a way a bunch, but we did end of with a newly remodeled house. And then we moved back in, so this summer was a total loss for time.

My wife is a huge Husker fan, we had four kids go to UNL at the same time (can you say tickets), as a huge supprise to her this year I was going to add a full football field to the roof, including Santa to kick or throw the ball and three elves returning it. Doug from D-Lighted wire frames has built all of the stuff for us, we just ran out of time this year, but next year we will have it up and running.

I have a picture of what it will look like next year and a link to what we did this last winter.

It's nice to see some one else in Nebraska is a crazy as we are. GO BIG RED www.abelectronics.com/christmas-lights

roof.jpg

Thanks Alan

I feel bad for anyone that had to deal with the flood this year.... whats worse is it could have been prevented. I feel for you even though I have not had to deal with loosing everything.

Your ideas are definitely original. Haven't been in your neck of the woods for a while... Might be worth a trip up that way. It's better now that I29 has opened back up. Our display has been totally changed this year since DIYC. Keep us posted and maybe we'll knock on your door one cold blistery night. :)

Would love to take the boy to a game for the experience, but with my current work schedule it's just not possible... Season tickets would be great if you didn't have to buy them... then donate you right arm and left leg to keep them.

I should add ..... You've got to be a little crazy to live in Nebraska

Last edited:
I hope Randy Stehle posts pictures of his football display this year because it is really nice. He spent some time doing it.

Back