A topic that concerns all coops

C

cmurray

It is already august 1 and there is still talk of coops.

There is less than three and a half months left tops if boards are to be ordered, assembeded and usable for christmas.

There seems to be no lack of designs, but not quite enough interest to get the unit cost to the tipping point where everyone joins the coop and the cost drops even further.

I started discussing this privately with the lead of one of the coops but was then reminded that he had already led a coop and used his credit.

Doityourselfchristmas has 203 members and only one has used his credit so far. That leaves 202 members that can sign up at advanced circuits for a $500 new customer credit.

http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=128

Many say they want to contribute to this community.
Here is your chance.
Take the lead on one of the coops.
If you sign up at Advanced Circuits with the $500 credit the first 20 are free and more would still get one heck of a discount.

If you are willing to give up the silkscreen the cost can go even lower on a bare bones proto order. All the other specs that we care about look the same.

http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=132

Just some thoughts, Let me know what you think.

JOel

Sounds good, but I would have to redo trace file in another program to produce Gerber files. :(
I may sit down and redraw it.

I have downloaded and installed their software. Once I have it figured out, I will redraw the Ren-T
8)

I am not to sure of the tech side of it to arrange the co-op, But I am willing to do my part as the collection point and mailing out. My issue is I don't have paypal and would like not to have it. I am collecting and shipping out Firegods boards now, and would do another one if need be.
Thanks
Lou

Guys

I have maintained stocks of:

GRINCHs (left of the photo)

LEDTRIKSs (Centre rear of the photo)

SSRs (on the Right of the photo)

and will add RENC to my PCBs on offer. (the small board in the centre front)

As shown in the photo, I have over 250 SSRs available, 30 GRINCHs, and 20 LEDTRIKS. I keep stock in those quantity so that Forum members that need a board are generally able to get their hands on a bard with 10 days from order to airmail to the US.

The boards are all ROHS, fully pin tested, Silkscreened and work!

If you want PCBs, I have them, and can order more. AS for the RENARD boards, I have not had any made (yet) as there other who have been looking after these type of PCBs.

I am happy to take orders by email, or run a larger COOP, if required. wjohn (at) iinet (dot) net (dot) au.

Cheers

COOP John

Top Notch!

Thanks again John!!

I am looking forward to adding a couple Ren-C boards when available to my collection of LedTricks (3x), SSR (50x) and Grinch boards (2x) I have picked up from John. This stuff is top notch!!! I was surprised how fast it was shipped over from Aus. I particularly like the SSR design as it has a small foot-print.

ms

Hey wjohn,

Once we get the changes made to the Renard64 PCB, I I can send you the gerbers. Then you can get the boards made and run the COOP. After the recent activity in Jason's parts COOP, I know I don't need that kind of stress, esspecially for free. So if someone else wants to run the Renard 64 COOP, I will gladly hand over teh files, if it is ok with Phil.

Dave

I can happily run the COOP. I have shipped 500+ boards to the USA since Feb this year, with many (100% i hope) happy customers.

wjohn said:
Dave

I can happily run the COOP. I have shipped 500+ boards to the USA since Feb this year, with many (100% i hope) happy customers.

I was/am very happy with the boards and service I received from you. :)

jrock64 said:
It is already august 1 and there is still talk of coops.

There is less than three and a half months left tops if boards are to be ordered, assembeded and usable for christmas.

There seems to be no lack of designs, but not quite enough interest to get the unit cost to the tipping point where everyone joins the coop and the cost drops even further.

I started discussing this privately with the lead of one of the coops but was then reminded that he had already led a coop and used his credit.

Doityourselfchristmas has 203 members and only one has used his credit so far. That leaves 202 members that can sign up at advanced circuits for a $500 new customer credit.

http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=128

Many say they want to contribute to this community.
Here is your chance.
Take the lead on one of the coops.
If you sign up at Advanced Circuits with the $500 credit the first 20 are free and more would still get one heck of a discount.

If you are willing to give up the silkscreen the cost can go even lower on a bare bones proto order. All the other specs that we care about look the same.

http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=132

Just some thoughts, Let me know what you think.

JOel

I just register and got mine! I'll be using this for my 48 SSR PCB's (I missed the COOP opportunity). Thanks for the info!!!!!

dvanteslaar said:
I just register and got mine! I'll be using this for my 48 SSR PCB's (I missed the COOP opportunity). Thanks for the info!!!!!

Dave -

Take a look at the other posts in this thread. "wjohn" is the guy to contact for SSR PCBs. He stocks them and is always selling. A lot cheaper then doing it yourself since he has them created in bulk to have them on hand for people. I picked up 52 from him.

ms

stempile said:
dvanteslaar said:

Dave -

Take a look at the other posts in this thread. "wjohn" is the guy to contact for SSR PCBs. He stocks them and is always selling. A lot cheaper then doing it yourself since he has them created in bulk to have them on hand for people. I picked up 52 from him.

ms

Thanks Matt - as always, I appreciate the info!

Do they run a credit check? I ask because incase no one knows this, a "hard" credit check lowers your score and I'm absolutely anal about mine (for good reason such as 3.5% on credit cards and those "we wanna sucker you into going over the time period we set" 0% for months offers).

Just a FYI as I'm a firm believer that CC companies are the devil in disguise -- I and unfortunately too few other people in the world make a pact with the devil though and never sign over our first born.

<grin>

Back