Adding effects

byrnet13

Hello all,

Trying to sequence a song for the very first time. I basically have chosen any effect to try and it's been hit or miss. When I drag an effect to the timeline it may illuminate and show on my display as the song runs or just an outline of the box appears on the line and nothing happens. I have tried to copy and paste a working effect to another spot and that doesn't seem to work.

Vixen effects.JPG

I bet I'm doing something dumb and causing my headache but I don't seem to see what.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tim

The empty box means that the effect has no work to do. In other words, it has no valid result on the given element with the current effect settings. One of the most common reasons is that you're specifying a color in the effect settings that the element doesn't support. This often happens when copying effects between elements of different discrete colors. In this case, it looks like you may have applied a chase to single elements. You can't chase across a single element. Chase is used on groups of elements.
In Vixen, most sequencing is done on groups, not individual elements. Most effects are designed to work with a group of elements. Some simple effects like set level and pulse work equally well on single elements or groups. It's really just a matter of getting used to how each effect works and what it does.

The empty box means that the effect has no work to do. In other words, it has no valid result on the given element with the current effect settings. One of the most common reasons is that you're specifying a color in the effect settings that the element doesn't support. This often happens when copying effects between elements of different discrete colors. In this case, it looks like you may have applied a chase to single elements. You can't chase across a single element. Chase is used on groups of elements.
In Vixen, most sequencing is done on groups, not individual elements. Most effects are designed to work with a group of elements. Some simple effects like set level and pulse work equally well on single elements or groups. It's really just a matter of getting used to how each effect works and what it does.

Thanks Jon,

I basically am doing a single element (For Now). Just trying 9 strands of lights on my porch to my archway to the front fence.

woohoo,

I got my first sequences done. Not the greatest, but it runs and previews, needs tweaking but I'm happy.

Thanks for the help!

Tim

Back