Alpha-Bill Ray WU

angus40

Supporting Member
Well I think it is time for Ray Wu to be called out for what he is . Ridiculous Ray

This is just a Prime example of how his store has been ripping off the general unsuspecting purchaser.
Unless you are a seasoned purchaser through Aliexpress and not versed in the messaging format to get possibly better shipping prices , you are literally taken to the cleaners .

He has become a shipping bandit for even posting nonsense ads like this .

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000967557733.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.2b2e4225DJNVpG

Which are you trying to amplify? The cost of the LEDs ($14 for 100), or the shipping ($16)?
Many of us know to email Ray directly for a better quote on shipping. Never take the automatic shipping cost shown on AliExpress.

Which are you trying to amplify? The cost of the LEDs ($14 for 100), or the shipping ($16)?
Many of us know to email Ray directly for a better quote on shipping. Never take the automatic shipping cost shown on AliExpress.

I won't be entertaining the Ridiculous going forward . He is not the only game in town when it comes to purchases for this hobby .

I guess I'm confused - Looking at a few other small-ish items on Ray's store, it looks like the $16 shipping is the minimum price for the FedEx IE service. While that does seem high relative to the cost/size of the item, it is sending something halfway around the world :)

I do agree that there a quite a few other options and that it's a good thing for everyone!

I guess I'm confused - Looking at a few other small-ish items on Ray's store, it looks like the $16 shipping is the minimum price for the FedEx IE service. While that does seem high relative to the cost/size of the item, it is sending something halfway around the world :)

I do agree that there a quite a few other options and that it's a good thing for everyone!

I will clear up your confusion .
I purchased double the amount from a different vendor @ 20$ for 200 leds and the shipping was 3$ . Received the parcel in 9 days . No secret handshakes required and my location did not change .

Last edited:
I will clear up your confusion .
I purchased double the amount from a different vendor @ 20$ for 200 leds and the shipping was 3$ . Received the parcel in 9 days . No secret handshakes required and my location did not change .

Ahh, that clears it up for me :)

lol. I have noticed over the past couple of years the Ray's general ads have been getting way out of control and had to rant !!

cheers

@angus40 thanks. That seems about twice the price what you paid ($20/200 pixels or $0.1/pixel), though.

Ok, got it. I am looking for pixel strings. I need to place an order in the range of about 2k+ pixels. I know that's small for most of you but I am just starting out. It looks like that will set me back about $300 ($150 for 1000 pixels). This hobby is not cheap. But I like it...

Ok, got it. I am looking for pixel strings. I need to place an order in the range of about 2k+ pixels. I know that's small for most of you but I am just starting out. It looks like that will set me back about $300 ($150 for 1000 pixels). This hobby is not cheap. But I like it...

Hey Munu,

I too am just starting out and had great luck with RGB Man (https://www.rgb-man.com/) I was able to take advantage of the pre-season sale so the price per string was a little lower however I was ale to get free shipping when purchasing my first 1k lights. I was also easily able to add a PSU, xconnect pigtails and extensions making it a one stop shop for the most part.

Worth checking out :)

-Russ

I've noticed a wide range of shipping costs for the exact items from one vendor to the next on Ali, as well as a wide range of product cost. Sometimes the product is cheaper, but shipping cost is higher, sometimes vice versa. You just have to look around for the best deal.

Hello. I am a first time poster but I have been lurking in the forum now and then. Just wanted to comment about Ray Wu. I finally decided to try the direct from China ordering route and got a quote from Ray Wu for 7300 pixels (73 strings of 100 pixels each) and he quoted much lower shipping than was shown on the Ali Express site and said it would be on a "fast" boat from China. He verified payment received on 2/2/2021. I still don't have the lights. I had to email him repeatedly and it finally shipped (at least that is when UPS tracking showed a label here in the states) on 3/24/2021. Chinese New Year started on 2/12/2021 this year and ended on 2/26/2021 so I don't know why it is taking so long. Just wanted to let others know about my experience. I hope to have the UPS tracking update someday and I really hope there are no problems with the shipment because this turnaround is ridiculous.

Just to update my comments about my Ray Wu order above - I received the pixels today! They hit the good old USA on Monday and were delivered to me today on 4/23/21. So this order only took almost 3 months from payment verification to delivery. For those who might order and use the "fast" boat from China shipping he offers it is about a month from time of shipping. That wouldn't be bad for the savings if it would ship sooner.

I ordered directly from ray wu about three weeks ago. Got confirmation from fedex a day ago that they had my shipment and it is headed this way.

Back