Any Olsen 595 available?

Are there any around to be had guys this link is broken?

The link is from 2007, I think they are gone by now. As far as I know, the last few people looking for these boards were unable to find them. I would suggest checking the Wiki and see if there is an alternative board to do what you are looking for.

I have one bare board and one populated board (w/o channel leds installed) that I might be able to part with.

have no idea what it would cost to ship to AU, so I'm not really sure. Were you looking at the bare board, or the completed board?

I have 2 that I made and used before last year they have the led's on I also have the Ren C and transformer.

have no idea what it would cost to ship to AU, so I'm not really sure. Were you looking at the bare board, or the completed board?

Hi slug could you get a price to ship to Aus I had a jacket sent for $20 postage from USA
our $'s are about 1 for 1 at the moment
I am interested in both love making up pcb's I haven't done it for a while.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok, I'll have to wait until the business week to get a shipping cost, but I would like $15 bare board. Before I sell the populated board, I would like to test it. It's a turn key board with the Ren-C and Ren-T all in an enclosure. If it all still works, I will gladly sell that too. I haven't used it for the last couple of displays. And I wouldn't want to send it all the way over there, and waste your time troubleshooting it.

Apparently I'm not very well versed with the postal service, the rate calculator says that it will cost me $38 to ship to Australia. That's for a rigid over-sized envelope.

ok - I hate to post to an old thread, but better than starting another with a similar title. I am also looking for some olsen boards - they do not have to be populated. I am in the US and will pay shipping as well.

Thanks...

Is there a particular reason you need 595 boards? Would something else work instead? 595 boards are going to be far and few If your lucky).

ok - I hate to post to an old thread, but better than starting another with a similar title. I am also looking for some olsen boards - they do not have to be populated. I am in the US and will pay shipping as well.

Thanks...

I have a couple of populated and unpopulated 595's.

Is there a particular reason you need 595 boards? Would something else work instead? 595 boards are going to be far and few If your lucky).

Well, I used them for a successful show a couple of years ago, and hardware for them/design is simple (I like K.I.S.S.). I sold the setup I had when I moved back then. I have tried the pic way with two REN boards and just have had no luck with pics - I like to tweak my software, but I spent (wasted) some money on a few pic programmers but no joy so I gave them up - funny too, I consider myself versed in 8 bit cpus, but the concept of the pic and avr programming and the like seem to elude me - perhaps I'm just too old. Now 8080's, Z80's, 8051's, 8085's, 6800's, 6809's, I'm ready to go.

I have a couple of populated and unpopulated 595's.

I would be interested in either or both - how much and what would be for shipping?

Thanks all

The 595 boards work well with the Halloween people. I have a few ask me where to get 595's (Grinch & Olsen)

I consider myself versed in 8 bit cpus, but the concept of the pic and avr programming and the like seem to elude me - perhaps I'm just too old. Now 8080's, Z80's, 8051's, 8085's, 6800's, 6809's, I'm ready to go
Ahhh... I still use a Z80 compiler on CP/M in DOS 6, for a TTY board for an AFTN system. Some things just seem to die very slowly... :)

Edit: Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network (AFTN)

Last edited:
Back