Anyone have experience using the "EVO Pixels" by Mattos Designs?

I like them.
Light weight and plenty bright. Downside IMO is light bleed when using them in white coro.
(Sample I got pre-release).
1710056404894.png

In comparison to a seed pixel:
Wire is around 22awg and the LED within the EVO seems to be the same used in 12v seed pixels.
1710056455143.png

I redid by tree with 2000 EVOs. I had one string of 100 fail (stupid me, did not order spares). I replaced it will regular bullets as a stopgap measure. They have a three year warranty for UNCUT strings, so it is best to keep some spares They will be sending me a replacement string this month (I think) - they did not have any in stock last December (again,, get spares).

The wire gauge is a bit thin, but that contributes to their light weight (and really, they are pretty much "seed" pixels encased in a plastic puck). Note that they have new ones with four wires this year (extra data line) and also note there are several other similar products on Ali******* (and they show their products in pixel strips) so this may be a popular option going forward. I think that these would be great for mounted props since they only weigh a fraction of "regular" bullets. The photo shows them side by side - at night from a distance the difference is hardly noticable.

Evo and Bullets.jpg

Back