Arches made with 1 inch SharkBite PEX?

I bought this same 100' roll from lowes and having major issues unshaping it from being rolled up in the package as it just wants to twist into a spiral. I intended to make 4 -16' arches based on the Holiday Coro kit but I am really at a loss how you can get even close to making an arch shape and have it look good. Their kit says just using rebar into the ground is all you need to mount it. Was it bad to buy the roll? Do they make 20' straight sections. Maybe that's easier to bend into an arch? I didn't see any at the local big box.

Thanks all!

Ok will give that a shot. Appreciate the prompt response. First year trying things out and trying to keep it simple. But now that I am working with the PVC is just seems unlikely I can make 4 of these 16' arches that at least look similar to each other.

i made a crossbar that runs the length of the arch and anchors the curved part. then laid it on the driveway in the summer heat for a week. then drilled holes and mounted lights. they have i slight twist that you cant see from the front.

72883027b0c54d2bf4bbbec087fea2b9.jpg

Made these for my daughter, 1” PEX with 3/4” PVC base. I shaved the ends of the PEX with a wood rasp until it fit inside the 3/4” PVC. The bullet nodes are sealed and the pigtails were attached using marine heat shrink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used roll of 1" pex when i changed the plumbing in my house and would never use it again without have some kind of straightener to pull it thu.

I used the Apollo 1" pex 10' sticks wiped the markings of with brake clean. I printed bases and strip holders for inside the pex. I wish I would have made a different design for the strip holders that had a better way to tension them

I just built 8 arches from a 100' coil of 1" pex. Each were about 12.5' long and about 4ft tall. I used 1/2 " PVC tees and 1/2" thin wall PVC conduit for the legs and to raise it up a bit as we get a decent amount of snow here. The thin wall PVC fits perfect inside the 1" pex. I used 6" piece in a tee to hold an 8' PVC cross price and then drop another 6" to another tee to make the legs. Since all my splicers are over a foot above grade I did not worry about sealing the ends for water but I might anyways for mice.

So going into my second year with the arches I want to make things better. Last year I finally got 4- 16' arches setup with lots of frustration. I used stakes in the ground to support the arches and ran strip lights into the 1" pex. They ran on each side of the driveway. I immediately ran into issues with the shape as they kept wanting to twist as well as bend one way or another. I eventually ran tensioned fishing string staked to the ground on each side of the arch to provide additional support and try to help keep them straight as possible. That got me through the season.

This year I think I am going to try attaching the arches to boards using rebar caps. Add some brace in between at the base and then some type of support in the middle from the base board running to the peak to hold from swaying. I was also throwing around the idea of instead of 1-16' pex arch run 2- 8ft sections connected by a tee in the center with a support running down to the base board. We'll see...... Really enjoy all the ideas I find here to help come up with solutions. So thanks to everyone!

I just built 8 arches from a 100' coil of 1" pex. Each were about 12.5' long and about 4ft tall. I used 1/2 " PVC tees and 1/2" thin wall PVC conduit for the legs and to raise it up a bit as we get a decent amount of snow here. The thin wall PVC fits perfect inside the 1" pex. I used 6" piece in a tee to hold an 8' PVC cross price and then drop another 6" to another tee to make the legs. Since all my splicers are over a foot above grade I did not worry about sealing the ends for water but I might anyways to keep bugs and such out.

What did you end up going with this season? I have the same 16ft kits from Coro, would rather them inside a diffuser (i.e. HDPE or Pex) instead of strung outside of PVC.

I built 6 5m sections out of one 100' and used 1/2" PVC tees, with no crossbar. I just fit rebar into the PVC. I had similar issues with the arch keeping its shape at that size, so I used something a little more substantial than fishing line as guy lines; mostly because I wasn't sure if fishing line would do it.

Would love to learn a methodology to make these arches more perfect and professional looking. And especially how to build 33' PEX arches, even if that means moving up to 2".

Back