Audacity Beat and Bar Track Addin for Vixen 2.5

I'm tiring it for the first time. Its not exact but its good enough to get one started. you may have to shift a few cells to get it perfect. But it defiantly is a big help

FWIW, I found this a good tool to add to my bag of tricks. Along with the Color Organ add-in, sequencing now relies less on my ability to kit the keys in time with the music.

Thanks.

\dmc

not sure if im missing something or what. I have vixen 2.1 and I have the beat track saved from audacity but how do I see it on the new sequence? maybe i'm just needing more sleep due to a new infant in the house? lol

Once you have created the beat tracks in audactity you will have to import them into your sequence. Using the Add-in you will then do the following:

1. Import your beat/bar marks.
2. Calculate the Beats per minute and event period.
3. Choose to update event period to match calculated period (upto you)
4. Select Insert Beats on Channel
5. Select the channel that you want the beats on from the Channels list box.
6. Select OK.

Rinse and repeat for the other timings.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 95
  • audacity addin with beats imported..png
    audacity addin with beats imported..png
    68.3 KB · Views: 95
I must be missing on where to put the plugin. I put it in my vixen location but I don't get any kind of option for what you are showing there. I would think the .dll would go into the Plugins folder? maybe i'm wrong on that?

gotcha...I didn't have my addin folder on the backup box im working on. But now the issue is when I tell it to import it's gives me an unhandled exception. Thinking I might be missing something else.

totally appreciate all the help. I thought I had put it in there but had it in my backup folder for Vixen. Works now...thanks!!!

Back