Audio distorted

Steven010

Started working on sequence, audio starts getting distorted on song. Drop out of program to windows, song plays great. relaunch, sounds distorted. sometimes after re-launch, sounds better for a few runs, but soon gets distorted again.

Ideas?

THanks,

Steve

LAPTOP, DELL D620, XP

There are some things in Vixen that you can play with to make sure you have the right "audio device" (player) configured. If that doesn't help and probably more important would be to check your volume control. Make sure that you don't have the CD player/ PC speaker turned up too loud. Adjusting the "main" volume control/ output of the configured audio device to levels that aren't competing with each other will help a lot to control distortion.

Hope that helps.

Leon

File is 3.375MB. MP3.

Audio volume is about 50%. Adjusting levels makes no difference- the distortion is not volume dependant...Rather it appears to be task dependant, or memory dependant?? The correct sound card is configured.

One thing I've noticed, this isn't audio and may/may not be related, is that Vixen isn't too fond of being "busy" and running a preview on my show machine. I have 2 sequences that I accidently made at 100ms and at various points have lots of lights on or chases. The preview will occasionally freeze or stop then speed to catch up to the music. This is now especially true since I upgraded my monitor from 19" square to 22" widescreen - the preview really struggles to keep up with the larger size. Even on a new sequence I started the other day that I chose a different timing interval for, as soon as I stated adding light events it carried on. Last time I checked, the lights didn’t reflect this abnormal behaviour (phew).

So my point to all this, and I'm just throwing it out there, maybe it's got something to do with the timing you originally chose for the sequence, the machine/Vixen might be struggling to keep up - where mine came up in a choppy preview, yours has come out as choppy audio???? Might be worth trying different timing intervals?? Don't know, just a thought. Good luck!

PS - I've got a smaller 15" LCD for my show computer to fix the preview problem.

Are you using JUST the battery ? or AC power cord to power it during this problem ? Could also be under-powered via the battery ?

Back