Background sequence crashing?

jwilliams31

I'm running Vixen 2.1.1.0 on Windows 10. I've got a background sequence/script set. It starts out OK, but then it runs for maybe 25 minutes and dies. There is no error.

You know how when you have a background sequence running there is the green bar on the bottom left? That disappears. It's like the entire background sequence just dies. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.

If I cycle the "Enable background sequence" setting in preferences or restart Vixen, it will restart the script.

Note that this is the first year that I'm running on Windows 10 on a new laptop. Previously I've successfully run my shows on a Windows XP laptop so I'm not sure if it's something with Windows 10 or the new laptop causing the issue?

Any tips for troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Vixen 2 was written way back in the XP days. V2 development was abandoned long before windows 10. It's long past time to move on.

If you want to run software designed to run on windows XP, you should run it on windows XP. If you want to run software on newer versions of windows, you should run software designed to run on the newer windows versions. If you want to run software designed for windows XP on windows 10, you're on your own.

Back