Bambu Labs A1

ctmal

Supporting Member
I just want to put it out there because i know there's a lot of 3d printing people here.

I recently bought a Bambu Labs A1 printer. This is an upgrade from an Ender 3 Pro which I had running well but it was a bit exhausting with all the tweaking and maintenance that came along with it.

The A1 is amazing (it's only been about a month so hopefully that holds up). Putting it together took about an hour or so but was really simple. First print...with doing nothing except following the prompts and running the calibrations it told me to, came out perfect.

Since then I've printed a bunch of Gridfinity stuff to organize my electronics parts. Generally I'm finding that prints that used to take 5 1/2 hours are taking about 1 hr 20 minutes. I've run out of filament once and it just prompted me to load more and continued on its way.

So far, I've only had 1 failed print. That was when I was trying to use up some of the old end of spools that I had before. I'm not sure if it was from the reloading of the filament(I doubt it) or the fact that the filament I was trying to get rid of was old and brittle.

Needless to say, I'm really happy with it and would suggest it to anyone looking to upgrade or get starting in printing. I got the one without the color swapping mechanism, I just see me using that much. Although you can still print with different colors, you'd just have to do it manually.

I have been considering upgrading my Ender3 to a Bambu as well, Nice to see it's worth upgrading to.

I'll still keep my home made 18"x18"x18" monster for bigger stuff

The P1S is what I bought after owning an Ender3, CR10S and a few homemade printers over the years.
Out of all, I am enjoying the P1S immensely.
The AMS is excellent and I even have a second AMS still in the box from Xmas....LOL
Printing in 8 colors is going to be awesome especially with colored lithophanes.

The P1S is what I bought after owning an Ender3, CR10S and a few homemade printers over the years.
Out of all, I am enjoying the P1S immensely.
The AMS is excellent and I even have a second AMS still in the box from Xmas....LOL
Printing in 8 colors is going to be awesome especially with colored lithophanes.

i need pictures of the lithophanes! i started making a couple on the Ender 3, haven't done it on the A1 yet. What are you using for a light source?

I have a Bambu Labs X1C and it is absolutely life changing to the 3D printing world.

I print all of my clips, mounting plates, pvc mounts, etc.

Really valuable tool to support light shows.

Have you seen the A1 has a recall and Bambu is notifying not to use the printer until a fix is announced.

This recall is only for the A1, NOT the A1Mini or other models.

Dennis

I did see it and was actually stopping by to post it just in case other people bought one.
I'm a little bummed that I won't be able to use it until March or April but I am very happy that the company is standing behind its products.

I don't think I'll need to print anything by then....the thought of going back to my Ender 3 makes me cringe.

Chris,
I bought one of the A1s due to your post. I was fed up with my Ender 3 Pro. After several days of trying to get it to work after a long break, I was frustrated. I even bought the BL Touch auto bed leveling sensor, but no joy. Trying to find the correct firmware has been a nightmare.
The A1 has been great. I have had some clumping issues with a black filament (Bambu PLA-Tough), on one print - twice. But it's worked on other prints. The recall is if the wire connection in the back is damaged or strained. On mine there is no problem. I don't have any strain on that piece.

Overall, I'm very happy with the printer.

Chris,
I bought one of the A1s due to your post. I was fed up with my Ender 3 Pro. After several days of trying to get it to work after a long break, I was frustrated. I even bought the BL Touch auto bed leveling sensor, but no joy. Trying to find the correct firmware has been a nightmare.
The A1 has been great. I have had some clumping issues with a black filament (Bambu PLA-Tough), on one print - twice. But it's worked on other prints. The recall is if the wire connection in the back is damaged or strained. On mine there is no problem. I don't have any strain on that piece.

Overall, I'm very happy with the printer.
Glad to hear it. I would still sign up for the recall though...if you opt for the self repair they'll just send out a replacement bed by the end of March and you get a $120 gift card to their store. That's a fair amount of free filament.

Chris, are they asking for proof of the damage to the wire? If not, then, yes, that $120 would go to a lot of filament!
Thanks!

Chris, are they asking for proof of the damage to the wire? If not, then, yes, that $120 would go to a lot of filament!
Thanks!
No, According to their press release, they want to take care of it either way for everyone. They claim it only affects 1% of devices but are urging everyone to get it fixed.

Back