Beat Track

CDN_Diesel

ok, I must be missing something, but for the life of me, I cannot get a working beat track. (place the beats in the track.)

Can anyone show/tell me a step by step to get one set up please. I have been working on a song, now I need it to make it a bit easier. I am still not comfortable with the sound filters and there is a particular part of the song I need to track. I am just a bit off, but still can't quite get it without the beat track. I have tried to slow it down also, but it is too hard to pinpoint it at slow speed.

One thing I have noticed when laying a beat track is it can be hard to check your beat as there is no moving line in the actual channel line. You are kind of looking at 2 different places the sound track and the channel line . It took me a few passes to get a beat track laid down as my eyes kept wandering back and forth instead of watching both lines.

One thing I have noticed when laying a beat track is it can be hard to check your beat as there is no moving line in the actual channel line. You are kind of looking at 2 different places the sound track and the channel line . It took me a few passes to get a beat track laid down as my eyes kept wandering back and forth instead of watching both lines.

There is a RED moving line in the audio window.

Joe

Thats the one my eyes keep wandering to instead of my beat track line when checking marks.
I mean in the actual beat track line see below... Not a big deal but maybe something for the future. It gives a good reference point when checking your timing.

audio line.jpg

That was what I needed! Thank you! Now the lights are in sync in that section of the song. You would think that if they repeat a certain part, it is the same all the way through.. nope.. the beat was off by just a hair every other section of it. grrrrrrrr... lol

Thanks again!!

You would think that if they repeat a certain part, it is the same all the way through.. nope.. the beat was off by just a hair every other section of it. grrrrrrrr... lol

That would only happen at best with electronic/drum machine songs. The fact that musicians are human leads to some amount of error, then you can toss in fills and flair the entire beat can get shifted. I think it was Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas I was doing the bass line and it lost about 1 box at 50ms per verse. Still good accuracy as far as human reaction goes over the course of 2.5 minutes or so.

Back