Best Aussie and Kiwi Jokes

I have. The sell it in the imported food section at our local grocery store. It's kind of weird to see something from Kraft be imported.

I actually like it. My roommate in college turned me on to the stuff. It's great with melted cheese.

Vegemite and cheese is a staple of all kids school lunches. Though at the price of cheese, that probably has changed somewhat..

What you are talking about is called a "mousetrap"

Toast with vegemite, then grated cheese and then quickly grilled till it all goes bubbly.. Traditionally made with white bread. Yummm..

Interestingly enough, at least in NZ, people are either Vegemite fans, or Marmite fans.. Both are similar.. People are quite polarised about it.. It depends what you were bought up on as a kid. Problems arise when a man from a vegemite house marrys a woman from a marmite house..( such as our home ).. We have comprimised and have both.. Of course the kids ( and grandkids ) are now very confused.

So MPH - does your smd toaster have a 'vegemite'/'marmite' mode selector? Sounds like you need the option! :) I reckon we'd hard wire vegemite in this house... but like you said, its a matter of tradition..

What's your position on that other NZ staple... Pineapple Lumps???

See you guys have got it all wrong - when it comes to salty vegitable extract spreads, you can't go past Promite. All time favourite breakfast - two bit of toast thickly spead with butter/marge and Promite and wash it down with a tall glass of ice cold milk. Mmmmmmmm.

For the record, Vegemite is disgusting.

Our house is split. The child Bride feeds the babes on the Kraft Crank Case stuff (vegimite). Once they are old enough to appreciate real flavour I hook'm over to Promite. Currently 2:4 in my favour.

But I have to admit I have been known to buy V to keep the peace. once in the home, I wont touch it, unless I pump into the bin.

Mind you, I love our American brothers that visit and spread V like jam. That is real cool, cause the reaction is good to watch and it also gets rid of a whole heap of V.

Yep tends to polarise families.

We tried Marmite, the NZ stuff just doesn't do it for us. The Brit Marmite is also a treat but hard to get.
Got to go now the wife is reading this over my shoulder and protesting.
Cheers

Our house is split. The child Bride feeds the babes on the Kraft Crank Case stuff (vegimite). Once they are old enough to appreciate real flavour I hook'm over to Promite. Currently 2:4 in my favour.

But I have to admit I have been known to buy V to keep the peace. once in the home, I wont touch it, unless I pump into the bin.

Mind you, I love our American brothers that visit and spread V like jam. That is real cool, cause the reaction is good to watch and it also gets rid of a whole heap of V.

Yep tends to polarise families.

We tried Marmite, the NZ stuff just doesn't do it for us. The Brit Marmite is also a treat but hard to get.
Got to go now the wife is reading this over my shoulder and protesting.
Cheers

Marmite is plain horrible.

Problems arise when a man from a vegemite house marrys a woman from a marmite house..

Vegemite and cheese is a staple of all kids school lunches

Not really sure , but it honestly sounds like you are guys are addicted to this stuff ...
Does it have controlling abilities ? Does it make you "under control" ? - LOL
What happens when you DON'T get to have any ?
Do you have fits or something ? Do you act like a raving lunatic when supplies get scarce ? LOL
Do you get up in the middle of the night craving it ? LOL
And last qestion ---- do you folks eat anything else ? LOL

we also like pavolvas, lamingtons and Triffle. All are good olde Australian fair.

I just remembered a story my in-laws tell. when they were missionaries on a island they run out of medicals and friend got a tropical sore. the only thing available was Vegimite. so dad applied it to a bandage and the sore healed. believe it or not this is a true story.

Matt

Well, I was born and bred in Oz. A true blue Aussie and I would rather eat my own earwax than anything that ends in mite (yuck)

Much as it pains me to admit this to a Kiwi... but I think MPH has us there. I think I remember a Pav bakeoff scene in Once Were Warriors........

I don't care who invented it - I'm very happy to eat it though. And remember, a BBQ just ain't a BBQ unless someone brings a pav.

Much as it pains me to admit this to a Kiwi... but I think MPH has us there. I think I remember a Pav bakeoff scene in Once Were Warriors........

Once were warriors didnt they film that at the Bondi Centrelink office

Back