Blowers not working on several inflatables

We didn't do a Halloween display last year due to a remodel. This year we pulled the storage tub that has inflatables out of the shed and so far three out of the five inflatables the blowers don't work or work so poorly that they barely inflate. Two of the three that are not working were purchased in 2018 and only used for a few days. The only way i can even get them to start at all is by using a screwdriver to manually spin the blower. Is there a chance that the heat of the shed or not using them for two years messed up the blower somehow? I just find it strange that new inflatables no longer work. These are larger inflatables that cost over $150 and have big blowers in them. Not the smaller 12v motors.

I do not know for sure on inflatable blowers, but I did have to lubricate a FAN shaft in my office after a couple years. Same behavior you describe.

I wonder if you need to put a drop of a light grade lubricant on the shaft.

Jimboha

Thanks for the reply. I opened up one of the blowers and applied lubricant to it. It still would not spin up with help. After researching on the internet I am going to get a replacement capacitor for it. The motor hums when I plug it in. Best I can find is a symptom of a bad capacitor. Looking at the max temp rating on the side is 158 degrees F.

Back