Boscoyo Arches

SethOF

I bought the Boscoyo arches (mini, large and triple), but was unable to mount them following the instructions. Using the instructions the arc that is formed by the 1/2 inch PVC did not quite match the arc of the arches.

The solution however was simple.

I joined the coro arches together and placed them on a piece of OSB, I then traced the outer outline, I repeated the process by moving the arches down by one inch. I then put some screws along both outlines. I carefully inserted the PVC between the sets of screws that will hold the PVC in place. Have one end othe the pipe higher than the other and pour boiling water into the pipe. After about 20 minutes, you can remove the pipe, and cut to the length needed. Continue with the assembly as instructed using an EMT pipe and T couplers.

For the mini arches I used 1/2 inch Pex pipes, following the same process.

I built mine like the video showed with the stand. Also did not fit the arc of the cutouts. I used a small wire from the peak to the conduit below to pull them into the proper arc. Have 8 built this way.

I built 6 of the Boscoyo arches, and had the same issue with the PVC. The coro pieces tried to round out the PVC, but they kept wanting to slip out of line. I sold them and went with the 2" HDPE as I liked the diffused look on the arches a little better.

I did the same thing with a template frame and boiling water. On my first attempt to bend the pvc I broke the T. On second attempt the T held but the EMT was noticeably
bent. It took longer to heat and bend the pipe but I'm happy with the result and no worried that the arches have so much tension and could break when handling for storage.

I built mine like the video showed with the stand. Also did not fit the arc of the cutouts. I used a small wire from the peak to the conduit below to pull them into the proper arc. Have 8 built this way.

Does anyone have the link to the construction video?

Thanks!

Back