Boscoyo Large Arches - Help

FM_5k

So I decided to build some arches from Boscoyo Studios since I needed them quick and could easily get supplies.

I built as said on the details page with 10’ PVC (3/4”) and the tees. I’ve seen a lot people talk about using boiling water or hot sand to mold the PVC to the shape of the corrugated pieces. As I’m late to getting set up, what’s the recommended length the conduit should be on the bottom of the arch? Is there a specific length or is it just trial and error until the right bend is there?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The length is 6 feet (it states that in the directions.)

I don’t have these exact one as I use the the three ring arch’s from him. I just made it according to the instructions and just bent the pvc over so I could connect it to the EMT and then just use zip ties to hold the Coro to the pvc.

Just the natural bend in the PVC made the right arch for mine.

You know... I swear that information wasn’t there [emoji23]

Please forgive me for my ignorance. I really didn’t see that before. Maybe in the hype of getting ready I just somehow overlooked. Thanks for opening my eyes!

And now...nothing to see here. Time to move along.

Again, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The length is 6 feet (it states that in the directions.)

I don’t have these exact one as I use the the three ring arch’s from him. I just made it according to the instructions and just bent the pvc over so I could connect it to the EMT and then just use zip ties to hold the Coro to the pvc.

Just the natural bend in the PVC made the right arch for mine.

I got these 3 ring arches from Boscoyo and I was trying to get arches built but I am having a problem getting the arches to look right. Yeah I did the 6’ EMT as a straight brace piece across the bottom. But my 10’ arch looks ok, but I am having a problem getting the 6 pieces of Coro to line up correctly. I have some of corner bottom pixels on both side are almost over lapping to get the Coro to fit the arch. If so thank you in advanced!

So my question to you is, is there any way you can take pictures of your arches (close ups) of how you have the Coro attached to the pvc so I can see how your over Coro looks on each section.

I got these 3 ring arches from Boscoyo and I was trying to get arches built but I am having a problem getting the arches to look right. Yeah I did the 6’ EMT as a straight brace piece across the bottom. But my 10’ arch looks ok, but I am having a problem getting the 6 pieces of Coro to line up correctly. I have some of corner bottom pixels on both side are almost over lapping to get the Coro to fit the arch. If so thank you in advanced!

So my question to you is, is there any way you can take pictures of your arches (close ups) of how you have the Coro attached to the pvc so I can see how your over Coro looks on each section.

Here is a link to a view pictures and a short video:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jcgqqwr866o8go2/AADk4uaugTeXSvsH3QmKhslga?dl=0

Mine is a modified version that includes a fan. I distinctly recall laying out the panels and making sure they fit before adding the fans. I wanted to make sure the fans didn't alter the shape of the arch. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Here is a link to a view pictures and a short video:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jcgqqwr866o8go2/AADk4uaugTeXSvsH3QmKhslga?dl=0

Mine is a modified version that includes a fan. I distinctly recall laying out the panels and making sure they fit before adding the fans. I wanted to make sure the fans didn't alter the shape of the arch. If you have any more questions just let me know.

I have been planning to do exactly the same of making them into fans. I see that you have the rays skip 2 pixels at the top instead of the usual 1 pixel, How visible is that at night? I have been playing with different spacing trying to get the spacing to work out even and symetrical. Maybe it is not worth the effort?

I used both the large and small arches from Boscoyo. I used conduit for the arch. It's easy to bend when you make a template using wood. I put together several pieces of 1x8 pine and then cut the circle or half arch. Then I screwed on a short piece of 1x2 to protrude beyond the arch on both sides of the template. This makes the conduit stay lined up and not flop around when bending. I then drilled a hole in one end of the conduit and anchored it to the template. Then I slowly started bending the conduit. Worked perfectly. Made 5 small and 2 large arches in under an hour. Used conduit for the cross piece and 3/4" pvc to join everything together. Btw, you can use a 4-way pvc fitting to connect the arch to the cross piece and use the other 2 holes for feet to stand the arch up. Put endcaps on the feet ends to dress it up. Then use sod pins to hold the arch in place. After season remove the 4 feet to make arches easy to hang and store.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I have been planning to do exactly the same of making them into fans. I see that you have the rays skip 2 pixels at the top instead of the usual 1 pixel, How visible is that at night? I have been playing with different spacing trying to get the spacing to work out even and symetrical. Maybe it is not worth the effort?

Here is the link to my 2018 videos: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6110574

You can definitely see the spacing if that's what you are looking for. I doubt the audience sees it though. I think we are our own worst critics. If you notice I have a thing for symmetry in my shows and if I can get over it, you can too :)

Here is a picture of how I tensioned the fan blades with a U bolt and cord. It has worked well for years now.
IMG_9514.jpg

Here is the link to my 2018 videos: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6110574

You can definitely see the spacing if that's what you are looking for. I doubt the audience sees it though. I think we are our own worst critics. If you notice I have a thing for symmetry in my shows and if I can get over it, you can too :)

Here is a picture of how I tensioned the fan blades with a U bolt and cord. It has worked well for years now.
View attachment 43312

I am sorry to take this thread off topic, but...
So you just used a length of rope and continuously laced it from one side to another, Brilliant!

I am sorry to take this thread off topic, but...
So you just used a length of rope and continuously laced it from one side to another, Brilliant!

I was racking my head on how to get the tightest spacing with pixels at the bottom while still allowing individual tension on each strand. It’s simple solution and only takes a bit to adjust them.

One thing you will get that’s not self evident is twisting in the more horizontal rays. It bugged me a ton at first but it’s almost impossible to notice at my typical viewing distance.

I was racking my head on how to get the tightest spacing with pixels at the bottom while still allowing individual tension on each strand. It’s simple solution and only takes a bit to adjust them.

One thing you will get that’s not self evident is twisting in the more horizontal rays. It bugged me a ton at first but it’s almost impossible to notice at my typical viewing distance.

Did you try using zip ties to connect the bottoms of the rays to the U bolt"? That would have been my first thought. Looking at the close up picture it seems like the rope itself is introducing the twist as it makes its way around the bolt, when the loops on the bolt are close there is very little twisting, but near the horizontals, there is more space between the loops on the bolt.

Back