Boscoyo Mega Tree Kit 16/32

oyarsa

I purchased a Boscoyo Mega Tree kit, and was hoping to use it by itself. Unfortunately, I am running into a couple of issues. I have a few ideas of how to address them, but I would like some advice on what you would do.

I purchased 60D nails for the guy wires. Unfortunately, the ground is very soft and they come out very easily. I tried having my wife hold the pole up to put the guy wires in, but it just doesn't seem to hold. The second issue is that my yard is sloped quite a bit left to right.

So, how would you secure the pole in soft soil, and how would you deal with a slope? I have modest DIY/wood skills. I don't really want to tear up the ground a lot, and I have never used concrete before. I also want something that can be stored in the off-season so I don't have to worry about mowing around it.

I was thinking of burying some tube in the ground a foot or so that the emt conduit could fit into. The tube would be essentially flush with the ground and have a cap for when it's not in use. I am just not sure what kind of tube would work.

Or, I could hammer in some rebar and slipping the emt over it. But, I would have to remove the rebar when I am not using the mega tree.

I think the slope isn't that big of an issue since I can just leave some strips longer than the others and the lights would still be level since they start at the same top point.

Back