Boscoyo Singing Bulb Wiring

curtinti

Just purchased a few singing bulbs from Boscoyo and started to wire them up. Newbie question here ... is it common for the wiring to require a 12-16 in gap in between nodes? The wiring diagram in xLights calls for a large gap in between node 67 (bottom of outer bulb) and 68 (start of left eye). I know some wiring is more challenging than others but was surprised there wasn't a better avenue to take. Thoughts?

Tim

You can wire a prop however you want and you could certainly come up with a less splicing pattern. The trade off is your mapping to individual parts of the bulb become a nightmare. The wiring recommended keeps the individual parts together in a consecutive string.

I believe there is an Xlights model of the singing bulb on the google drive that someone re-wired so you dont have to splice. I know its a pain. I think I hade to splice in 3 locations on each bulb

Thank you so much. This was exactly what I needed. The wiring in the model on Google Drive that you pointed me to doesn't require any splices, although it does take more care to ensure you are using the right path in the mouth area. The rest of it is a breeze.

Back