C9 covers for bullet pixels INTEREST THREAD: open until 6/17/2017

I'd probably be in for 400ish. So these would be very similar to that other post in that they would have a piece that covers the base of the entire pixel? Im working on drilling out PVC window frames for this comming season and may hold off to see if this becomes a reality so I don't have to re-drill them with larger holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct and I too would wait to drill until we see if this turns into a group buy.

I strongly suspect that we will have enough quantity. The trick will be to see what kinda price we get.
I'd probably be in for 400ish. So these would be very similar to that other post in that they would have a piece that covers the base of the entire pixel? Im working on drilling out PVC window frames for this comming season and may hold off to see if this becomes a reality so I don't have to re-drill them with larger holes.

I strongly suspect that we will have enough quantity. The trick will be to see what kinda price we get.

Hopefully it's even better than the estimated price. Then I'll buy even more to have a stock on hand for the future!

I don't have any set purpose in mind right at the moment but I would still like to get maybe 500 of them at this time! I always have things lying around waiting for a project to come up that will use them - LOL!
I do like the idea of them but am a bit concerned that with the "standard" spacing of "most" of the pixel node strings that I have looked at, it may NOT be possible to get 4" spacing when using them? You do lose a bit of distance between nodes when using these and just want folks to be aware of it.
I use pretty much 4" spacing on my LED strings now and am looking at using the same for pixels although a pixel tree will have closer spacing for sure but probably won't use these on it.

I would love to know how much distance is lost "exactly" when using these on a node string if anyone has used them and can make a couple of before and after measurements?

so, It appears you can mount the cover with no loss of length. It extends a wee tiny bit past the the bullet pixel housing bottom on the pixels I have.
I'd say about 3mm past.
But, you can also just push it up those 3mm to have no loss in lenght and I don't think it will affect the resulting light output.
I don't have any set purpose in mind right at the moment but I would still like to get maybe 500 of them at this time! I always have things lying around waiting for a project to come up that will use them - LOL!
I do like the idea of them but am a bit concerned that with the "standard" spacing of "most" of the pixel node strings that I have looked at, it may NOT be possible to get 4" spacing when using them? You do lose a bit of distance between nodes when using these and just want folks to be aware of it.
I use pretty much 4" spacing on my LED strings now and am looking at using the same for pixels although a pixel tree will have closer spacing for sure but probably won't use these on it.

I would love to know how much distance is lost "exactly" when using these on a node string if anyone has used them and can make a couple of before and after measurements?

I'm interested in 800-1,000. Without checking my house outline I want to change to tight spaced C9. And retire my GECE.

Don't have an exact number but I'd be interested in a few thousand myself. Before Pixels and when I had a large house I use to use standard AC C9 clear white non faceted really liked the clean professional look being able to do the same but change to any color would be pretty nice.

Surprised one of the vendors has not worked something out already to carry this as a regular in stock item.

There is a small piece that inserts at the bottom and it can be a pain to install. I've used 1000 of them and left that part off. There really isn't a need for it.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is a small piece that inserts at the bottom and it can be a pain to install. I've used 1000 of them and left that part off. There really isn't a need for it.

Sounds easy enough! What would be really awesome is if someone redesigned the lens part to snap onto the pixel without needing the green base part. That would make converting existing props that much easier! But that would probably mean a new mold and much higher costs. I can dream right?!

Sounds easy enough! What would be really awesome is if someone redesigned the lens part to snap onto the pixel without needing the green base part. That would make converting existing props that much easier! But that would probably mean a new mold and much higher costs. I can dream right?!

Not a bad idea. Eliminate the green base, shorten it up and build into lens. Just snap pixel in. Done. The lens is pretty heavy duty. They are well made. I did get some where the threads were messed up but I was still able to screw them on. A lot of times I had to push the lens in and hear a snap when the threads engaged and then screwed it on. They do look good when lit. The hole in the top of the lens allows water to escape when mounted upside down. Replacing a bad pixel is a breeze. Pixel can be removed without removing lens.

With the quantities I'm seeing posted I would think the company would be happy to receive a huge order.

You would think so, but his first response to me was not too positive.
He gave me a way high price and said what he wanted to sell was complete pixels.
So... I'm working on him. I'm also seeking other suppliers in case anyone has a lead let me know.
With the quantities I'm seeing posted I would think the company would be happy to receive a huge order.

Sent him email:
Hi. Hope your day is going well. As you know some time back I ordered 800 C9 conversion for bullet pixels and then had to order 250 more which you sent. I'm in a Christmas forum and the people there loved them so much that they are working on a group buy. We are looking at purchasing over 10 to 20 thousand of these. Are you willing to take an order for something like this? At the time I got mine the SC-C9 Transparent Cover .05 cents each and the SC-shell .07 cents each. Can a large order for these be placed?

Thank you,

Patrick Miller

Got email back. His response:

How large order do you want?
My partner would not like to sell the parts really.
A few customers in usa asked about it recently.

My response back:

Thank you for responding. The people asking you are probably the ones from my forum. We can present the people with an offer and find out exactly how many they want. As my email said I'm estimating 10 to 20 thousand. A few people have already responded with 4,000, several 300, 400 and 500, 800, 1000, 1500 and that's only after a few days. If you're willing to sell I would need a present them with a price and run the sale for about 2 weeks. It would be awesome if you can make this happen. A lot of people have bullet pixels left over and this would just be the ticket for an awesome prop.

Patrick Miller

Back