Can't add effects to Sequence, no controllers show in Setup

Dfansler

I just downloaded Vixen 3 - have been out of the game for a while. When I go to New Sequence/Timed Sequence Editor and drag an effect to the time line, nothing happens.

Also, when I go to setup display, there are no controllers shown anywhere on the page.

What the heck am I doing wrong???!

Kind regards,
David

You cant add an effect to the timeline. You add an effect to the display elements on the time line. You have not created any display elements yet so there is nothing to apply an effect to.

You have a few ways to add your display elements and there are tutorials to help you do that. The newest way is on the preview screen. I am a little old school and still do it on the setup screen.

Ok, So I got a bunch of megatrees in the Preview Configuration. Went to Timed Sequence Editor and added some effects to the megatrees. Next I went to Setup Display. All my megatrees are there, but the third panel that should have the list of controllers has nothing but a black square with a blue circle with a question mark. Clicking that ? takes me to a web page on setting up controllers. No useful info there. So how do I get the controllers to show up?
Thanks
David

There is a dropdown field at th top of that column. Select the type of controller from the list and it gets added to the empty space. Configure the controller and then patch the prop channels to the controller.

i understand there should be dropdown field in the third column, but there is not one. How do I get it there?

Sorry duplicate post (took too long to click submit).

Did you install the latest version of Vixen?
Did you turn off your antivirus?
I would reinstall after making sure anti-virus is off.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-06 224508.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-06 224508.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Yes my antivirus was off and it was the latest version on the Vixen Lights website. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the program prior writing to writing the email - but will try it again.
David

Ok, so I uninstalled Vixen, rebooted. Deleted the previous download of Vixen, and downloaded again. Turned off AV and Defender, installed Vixen. Same problem, no Controllers listed in Patch.

You do realize that the field does not say "controllers". Is is the "add" field on the right side column. Mie has DDP as the default. You drop that list and create your controllers (no discovery). You will not see F16 or Alphapix or ESP. None of that matters. You will see DDP, E1.31, Renard etc. Pick the protocol you are using and create an instance that represents your controller.

Here is a larger screen shot. I have compressed the first two columns so the third column is visible.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
That screen is very wrong. You do not have the third column and the big black blob in the center should have patching choices in it. Have you by some chance put it into graphical patching mode? I also get a messed up screen like this when I set the Windows scaling size to be greater than 125%.

That is all out of sorts. Any chance you have display scaling set to something other than 100% in Display Settings in Win 10? Or some of the other options to make text/font bigger?

Last edited:
Back