Channel Output Manager/Output swapper

ctmal

Supporting Member
Here is an addin I created that I want to somewhat rush out there in case it'll help someone out this year(I've already used it twice). The major feature I think may help people is the ability to quickly swap channel outputs at the profile level. So, if a channel goes bad, you can just swap the outputs in Vixen once, physically move the lights to the swapped channel, and all your sequences will work as planned.

WARNING/DISCLAIMER
This addin does act on your profile so I suggest you manually back up your profile before using. I can't be responsible for anything lost. I've done some testing and it all seems to work great for me but PLEASE...MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! If you don't know how to back up your profile ask!

Ok, now that the warning is out of the way(and you backed up your profile), let me go into some details.
This AddIn was created for Vixen 2.1. It may or may not work for Vixen 2.5. I do plan on doing more testing and making it a bit nicer but that's the state it's in now.

It is only useful to those that use profiles. If you do not use a profile the addin will not load.

Installation: Just extract the zip file and copy the .dll file to the vixen addins directory.

Use(I'm only going to go over the swap capability for now):
1. Open Vixen and open a sequence that has the profile you want to modify attached to it.
2. Open the Output Manager addin.
3. You'll be presented with a listbox of all your channels.
4. To swap channels, select a channel in the channel list, press the <ctrl> key and select a second channel.
5. Press the Swap Outputs button...you'll notice the outputs move in the listbox. No changes have been made at this point.
6. When you're ready to commit any changes you made, press the Apply button. If you don't want to apply the changes to the profile just exit the addin.
7. When you press the apply button a backup is made(this does not supersede the warning. I can't quarantee it'll work at this point) in the profile\backup directory. It will be named the profile name with a bunch of letters and numbers. If you'd like to restore it, copy it back to the profiles directory, delete the modified profile and rename the backup to it's origional filename(remove the bunch of letters and numbers).

Honestly, I hope no one here has any issues with their display that would require you to use this. If you do though, I hope it helps.

Comments, suggestions, etc. are always welcome.

Here's the link:

http://ctm.maloneylights.com/downloads/?did=18

Last edited:
Chris,

I downloaded this and will check it out this week. I am definitely interested in having something that makes output channel swapping easier.

Tony

Just a post season update:
I had 3 channel issues this year. Looks like 2 bad triacs, and one channel that stopped working(I decided to just swap it instead of troubleshooting during the season). In all 3 instances all channels were swapped and sequences were updated in about 1 minute. Definitely a time saver.

It doesn't seem that there is a huge need for this plugin(which is great, by the way) but I am happy with the time it saved in crunch time.

Back