Christmas Music

Protege94

How does everyone source their Christmas music?

I am planning on having music running from roughly 6pm til midnight. I will have both controller based shows and static shows during that time.

So I will need roughly 30-40 songs. (I would rather not repeat songs but if I have to I will)

I have several cd's over the years. Some from the stores, some from Amazon, some free mp3 from Amazon and I buy a few single songs from them too.

I have several cd's over the years. Some from the stores, some from Amazon, some free mp3 from Amazon and I buy a few single songs from them too.
+1
I scour YouTube and if I find a song I like, buy it on Amazon. Shazam is a great source for figuring out the song and the artist.

It is a very nice rendition of silent night, the hard part would be sequencing it as it is a little slow for a light show but could be done.

Agreed. Sometimes I speed up a song using Audicity to change tempo without affecting pitch (within reason). But, I don't this rendition will sound good much faster.

You could give it a try!

Jimboha

I use AccuRadio with a streaming recorder to capture my overnight/ambient, non sequenced music as its a blend of different styles

for sequenced songs, Youtube with mp3 converter, cd's, dvd's etc.

I get mine from CDs I have purchased and from Amazon.

Same here. A few dollars spent on Amazon is not a bad investment, but I do have Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime Music just to get more options.

I'll be honest, though -- at first, I was using Replay Music software to grab music from various sources. However, you can't make music any better by increasing the recording bitrate if the source is at a low(er) bitrate, so I stopped doing that.

I use 2 of George Strait's songs, Christmas Cookies and Christmas Time in Texas. Both have been very well received. For Christmas Cookies, I like to use graphics to represent the various cookes.

Back