Christmas prep temporarily on hold

Matt_Edwards

My left arm is 1.5x the diameter of my left. It hurts like buggery, is bright red and 4degree hotter than the right. Got back from the doctor this afternoon. The diagnosis is severe staph infection in my left arm. Doc got some strong antibiotics approved by Canberra. If there is no improvement by Saturday morning, off to hospital for intravenous antibiotics.
Arm is immobilized. We're praying I can get going again real soon.

I'm sure you are feeling stressed, but rest and recover. Lights are nice but your health is more important. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Good luck Matt. I had staph infection in my right arm. It also ncrease the 1.5 x as well. I got my elbow drained at a clinic The next day i was in the hospital. Spent the first 3 days on antibiotics while they waited for the test results. In thw meantime my temperature got to 103. Ended up going into surgery to have it cut opened, cleaned and drained. Remained in the hospital another 3 days. Have them drain it properly ans get u on the right antibiotics. I had MRSA.

Guys,
My arm has improved considerably. there is now very little swelling. The elbow is still infected, but is definitely on the mend.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts
Matthew

Good luck Matt. I had staph infection in my right arm. It also ncrease the 1.5 x as well. I got my elbow drained at a clinic The next day i was in the hospital. Spent the first 3 days on antibiotics while they waited for the test results. In thw meantime my temperature got to 103. Ended up going into surgery to have it cut opened, cleaned and drained. Remained in the hospital another 3 days. Have them drain it properly ans get u on the right antibiotics. I had MRSA.

MRSA is what I had to and not sure about yours but mine kept coming back in different places. Got several deep scares from this before it finally ended.

Nothing to play with, My brother got it in his leg yrs ago . Today as i speak they are talking about amputation . do what the DR says . prayers for full recovery .

Back