colored preview

PacMang

It would be eaiser to visualize a display with a colored preview which would also support overlaping channels on the same spot.

for example a mini tree with white red green.... whould be able to show the correct color and all on the same spot.

I know this was talked about awhile back...and I think a question that came up was...what happens when you turn 2 or 3 colors on at the same time on an object??

Sean

The preview plugin already does this. And what happens when you turn on more than one color in the same spot is it blends them. Like if a red and blue comes on in the same spot it makes purple.

I've tried this with vixen 2.0 and it does work. The colors are not perfect...but definately close enough to keep you going. Just draw one channel over another.

Your channel colors are set up in your sequence editing screen or your profile if you are using one. The colors of the channels are not set in the preview plugin. To set the channel colors in the sequence and right click on a channel name. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

or you can go to a smaller pixel size and color a two mini tree in a checkerboard patter, takes time but might look better in the preview

Walden said:
or you can go to a smaller pixel size and color a two mini tree in a checkerboard patter, takes time but might look better in the preview

Ya beat me to it.. That was my solution as well for my 3 string Evestrough lights. reduce the pixel size and checkerboard it.

I am going to revive this one since it fits and I finally got some research done.

I get the feeling that a lot of people are going to be blending R_G_B colors this year my self included.

What I have found in the preview is that if two colors occupy the same pixel the values are halved and if third color is present the first two are halved again.

ie R(255,0,0) + G(0,255,0) = Y(127,127,0) is not yellow.
and worse {R(255,0,0) + G(0,255,0)} + B(0,0,255) =W(63,63,127) which is nowhere near white.

What I am asking is that the R-G-B components be added but each component is capped at 255.

so R(255,0,0) + G(0,255,0) = Y(255,255,0) true yellow

and R(255,0,0) + G(0,255,0) + B(0,0,255) =W(255,255,255)

and R(255,0,0) + G(0,255,0) + B(0,0,255) + W(255,255,255) = W(255,255,255)

A Picture of the present behavior and the desired behavior is attached.

Joel

Attachments

• color-chart.jpg
    color-chart.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 37
Think the way it is , is just fine ...
Why such a precise color output for the preview output ?

I have to agree.
If you need it to be this precise, then the best method would be to go ahead and hook up some of the actual lights to test with. No matter how well the colors are in the preview, it is not going to match the actual product. To many varibles involved. :)

Back