Configure Preview closes the program

StNickNC

I just updated to the newest release 3.10.u1 And every time i go to configure preview the whole program closes. If i go back to 3.9.u4 which i used last year, it works as it should. Is this a bug, or something wrong with my install?

I'm sure this is a bug. But in order to solve it we'll need you to open a ticket at bugs.vixenlight.com. Make sure to attach your application.fatal log.

Same issue here, looking for a solution also.

Updated info: I don't know how if possible to add to a bug ticket on the vixen site.

Just tried 3.9.5 and the crash was the same, stepped back to 3.9.4 and it worked as expected.

Last edited:
Seems I have run into the same issue. Updated my preview on the main PC then copied the profile to the show PC and when I tried to configure the preview on the show PC I got the attached error then it closed. Main PC running 3.9u5 and show PC was running 3.9. I tried updating the show PC to 3.10 but got the same results. I see there is already a ticket open on the bug site, should I add this there as well? Thanks!

Attachments

• preview error.PNG
    preview error.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 3
Seems I have run into the same issue. Updated my preview on the main PC then copied the profile to the show PC and when I tried to configure the preview on the show PC I got the attached error then it closed. Main PC running 3.9u5 and show PC was running 3.9. I tried updating the show PC to 3.10 but got the same results. I see there is already a ticket open on the bug site, should I add this there as well? Thanks!

UPDATE: I uninstalled 3.10.1 from the show PC and re-installed 3.9.5 so it matches the main PC and now the preview works. The preview was originally copied from the show PC as 3.9, updated on the main PC as 3.9.5, copied back to the show PC (still on 3.9) then the error happened and persisted with 3.10.1. Going back 3.9.5 is the fix for now.

Can you try the latest development build? We fixed one of these issues and I think that fix may work for yours.

I just chalked mine up to having it on a windows 7 pc. Haven’t tried anything else. Maybe I’ll update next year.

Can you try the latest development build? We fixed one of these issues and I think that fix may work for yours.

Installed 1185 and tried to configure the preview. Got the same error as above. Then I went back to 3.9.5 and it is broken there now too. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling both and get the same result. I have the exact same profile (copy source) running on the main PC in 3.9.5 and working. I went back and copied the profile from the main PC again and it works in 3.9.5 on the show PC. I did not think to save a copy of the broken profile before overwriting but if it would help I can break it again and send in both the working and broken versions of the profile so you might be able to see what is happening.

Installed 1185 and tried to configure the preview. Got the same error as above. Then I went back to 3.9.5 and it is broken there now too. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling both and get the same result. I have the exact same profile (copy source) running on the main PC in 3.9.5 and working. I went back and copied the profile from the main PC again and it works in 3.9.5 on the show PC. I did not think to save a copy of the broken profile before overwriting but if it would help I can break it again and send in both the working and broken versions of the profile so you might be able to see what is happening.

Yes, I would appreciate getting a copy of the broken profile and the logs so I can try to recreate it.

Back