Controller/PSU waterproof housing?

bigrednole

I have my controller and PSU in a C1500 enclosure. There is a foam piece in the bottom that is not very secure or sturdy for waterproofing in my opinion. What my thoughts are is to mount the C1500 to a piece of wood then slip that into an outdoor cabinet or garbage can. I have a small hole out the bottom for the wiring. At least this way it will protect from water coming up into the C1500.

I have several cg1500 boxes, one stuffed with 2 power supplies and a E682. Been out in the elements since October (Halloween show) with no issues. I also use totes with lids that latch on with holes strategically drilled for wires if I need more room (for Renard controllers and SSRs) and they also sit out in the elements and stay bone dry inside.

Over the years I have used every style of CG enclosure. I always mounted them vertically and never had a problem with moisture. Worms yes, but no moisture........:(

CG1500 standing close to the ground. Water goes down so all holes on the bottom. No issues with water getting in. Humidity is a different issue. Not much of that in the North East.

Mine have been outside at Christmas time from mid Oct to Jan. Just the cg1500’s mounted to the metal pound in fence posts. Done it this way for years. Zero issues. If I have a part of the foam which gets ruined I just stuff in some fiberglass insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, thank you all for the reassurances. This is my first year and tonight is our first rain. So, I wanted to be sure before it got here. I will leave it out, makes sure the bottom holes are "stuffed", and see what happens.

Back