Controlling multiple moving head lights - XLights, RHL 4 Universe Controller, FPP

Macboy

I'm not sure where to post this to get the right set of eyes on it so I'l try here first. I've got Xlights sequencing one moving head and it's running off the FPP through the RHL 4 Universe controller perfectly. I can connect a second and third moving head but they all mirror the first. I cannot get the second and third lights to do their own thing. I've set the second and third models up in XLights but they still all do what the first one does. I do not have a terminator plug on the last light in the string - could it be that simple? Or is there something specific I need to do in XLights so it sends enough data for all of the lights to use?

Post a screenshot of your model info (assuming custom?) and your xlights network configuration. It would help to see how you have things configured.
Also, a quick pic of the 4 output controller so we can see what jumpers are set for universe selection to cross-reference.

Sounds like all moving heads are configured with the same set of channels. Each head needs its own starting channel.

I got it sorted out. At its default setting when it first powers on, the moving heads show D001. Pressing the +/- buttons on the control panel I can increment that number up or down. The number happens to be the channel it's starting on (they are 10 or 15 channel switchable). Imagine my delight when light #2 started doing its own thing when I set that one to D016 ;)

Back