Coro or Frame

MindTrik

and why...looking to add a 4' animated pumpkin this year...just looking for opinions on whats best. This will hang from the peak of my house...so if its corrugated I have to use it in a frame to hang...

Personally, I like the framed coro idea, mine are similar, although I hand- drilled a plastic substrate, rather than buying pre-punched coro. Why? Well, all my lights are hotglued into their holes, so all the lights are uniform in direction (head on to the tips from viewing angle). I feel this helps to define the "lines" that are drawn by the lighting channels. When researching ahead of time, I just didn't see where a wireframe would give me the definition and uniform spacing I was looking for. Also, from past experiences, I have noted that wrapping a string of lights around my wrought iron railings always seems to knock several loose or even make several not work after being dragged through the railing multiple times. My faces are also under the roofline by a few feet, so they are not susceptible to rain, unless it's the horizontal kind. All 4 monsters are easily put up and taken down and put into storage each year, and the 2X6 framing around them also helps to protect the lamps while being stored. Sorry I don't have detailed photos of my setup, I may add some insight later this summer with close up shots of how mine were built.

Back