Cosmic Color Ribbon Issue

Hey Everyone!

I hope I have a simple issue. When I plug in my LED strip for the Cosmic Color Ribbon (CCR) to my powered controller, about half the lights on the strip come on white. This is with no signal wires connected to the controller at all. Once I connect data to the controller, the previously unlit part of the ribbon actually follows the program, and the white side just stays lit white. Any idea what is causing this? I assume there is probably some kind of damage to the strip, and I can solder pretty well. Should I cut a part of the strip out? If so, which part? The first white LED?

Thanks!

from what i read here, data is not getting to the first white light. I would recommend replacing the last working and the first white. This is because it is either the output data from the last working node, or the input data on the first bad node.

Where is it white? Well, that’s not a good way to ask that question, so I’ll start over. Is the white portion after the part that works? And then everything all the way to the end is white? Like this——> Controller——-working pixels———————-white-white-white-end If that’s how it looks, it’s either a) the last working pixel, or b) the first white pixel. It’s impossible to tell which one is bad until you replace them. I’ve had so many of each that I’m to the point where I just replace both at the point where the failure is. Then I test to see which one it was and save the good one for repairs. If that’s not how the white is (away from the controller) I’m stumped. I had CCRs when they first came out. Every one of them had pixels that failed after just a few hours of use.

Jeff

Back