Custom prop editor - grid problems

I purchased the North Pole with Matrix from Gilbert Engineering. When I use the custom prop editor to import it, I only get one line of the matrix and all else goes to a group of Other. To test this I tried importing a few other items, some from Boscoyo in case it was a gilbert thing and the same thing. The Chromahat Matrix does the same thing. I tested several other items from both places and all do the same thing with the Other group.

Looking at the xmodel, it appears that anything after line0 is put in other.

subModel name="Matrix" layout="horizontal" type="ranges" line0="294-295,298-299,302-308,278-277,274-273,270-269,266-265,262" line1="290-279,276-275,272-271,268-267,264-263,261" line2="239-260" line3="236-214" line4="192-213" line5="189-169" line6="147-155,157,159-168"/>

I attempted to move the Other group inside of matrix. Thought I had a solution until I tried scrolling text across. It was all jumbled up.

Any help on getting this imported? I have pixel pushing help coming in this weekend.

I pushed fixes for this issue into the latest dev build last night, so you can give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded the latest dev build. It did include everything that was in Other to matrix, however the matrix in Vixen is, not sure how to describe it, jumbled. Lines are going the wrong way, some of the pixels alignment are incorrect. Putting text on it is not even close. If I wire this according to the model on the prop, can i just rearrange in the prop editor to fix what is wrong? Hate to push 350 pixels in and then have to redo them.

I took a look at that specific model and I see what the problem is. Some of the ranges are in reverse order because of the way it is wired. I'll take a look and see if I can get that fixed in the code without a lot of fuss.

The code fix was not that difficult. There is a new dev build getting created now. It should be out there shortly and you can give that a try. I tested that model and the text looked good on it after the fix. This still depends on your wire order matching what the model says for the end result to work on the real prop when you patch. You can export a wire order diagram from the Display setup on that prop to verify. Although it is a bit difficult to see on that prop with many of the nodes so close together, it can help a bit.

After you import it, if you go into display setup on the Matrix element group and add an Orientation property using the wizard in the lower left corner you can set that portion of the prop to be Horizontal and then the effects will auto orient and save you a step setting the orientation in the effect.

Back