dcssr more build questions

daytimer

After posting the fuse clip question, of course I have more.... http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=4_Channel_DCSSR_Assembly_Instructions
Looking at the v1.2 board layout at the bottom, C1 C2 U1 U2. C1 and C2 both have 3 holes on the board. C1 and C2 are drawn on the schematic as .1uf, but there is only 1 - .1uf and 1 - .33uf cap on the bom. Which should be which?
U1 is not listed on the wiki BOM. U1 and U2 are in parallel. Are they both needed, or is it 1 or the other?
Am I just making things more confusing for myself here or what?

You only need one of the regulators - the board allows either the TO-220 or TO-92 (smaller) size 7805 regulators. Note if you are using 5v that you don't need either - just jumper across in to out. There should be a .33uF on the input and .1uF on the output if using the standard layout from the 7805 datasheet. It's not super critical - you could get away with two .1uF's as well in most cases. Most folks are using well regulated supplies for the input to begin with.

I am going to be using it to run 12vdc lights, so I will have to use one of them. It looks like the only real difference is the current rating. Will I still be ok with the smaller one listed, or will I need the larger one?

The power draw is pretty low so either works fine - buy the cheapest... I would guess the larger one is cheaper since they're an extremely common part.

Back