Deleting Vixen 2.1

11Bravo

I upgraded to Vixen 2.5.0.8 from 2.1.1.0.

I just about completed a sequence in 2.5.

Can I go ahead and delete vixen 2.1.1.0 folder contents now without causing problems in 2.5?

Some people find 2.5.0.8 a bit buggy depending on your setup. Many run it without problems. Either way I would not delete your 2.1 folder unless space is a real problem. Deleting should not cause any problem with your 2.5 install.

Another consideration is that there are more sequences available for 2.1 from which you can borrow. See http://www.landolights.com/main/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,54/

Agree with this. Unless you have a compelling reason to go to 2.5 (Dimming Curves?) then I would stick with 2.1 for the reasons Randy outlined.

Just finished my 4th season and I have never upgraded. Still running 2.1x

Ok, well I have been having an issue with 2.5.0.8 with it hanging up. I posted in another thread I searched out on it. (General, Vixen Pause Problem)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I already ran the downgrade utility after I loaded 2.5. I probably didn't know what I was doing when I did the downgrade. Wasn't that the .exe
file KC said to delete once it did it's thing?

I opened up Vixen 2.1. Clicked on open sequence, and found the sequence file that I was working on in 2.5 and opened it. It was all there except the preview had the house picture in the back ground. I removed the picture and ran the sequence. All went well.

Back