Diagram of RJ45 to DB25 wiring connection

TERBObob

Can anyone show me , or tell me , where can I find a diagram of which pins/wires on the RJ45 go to which ones on the DB25 ?
( in ohter words , if you were to cut off one end on a DB 25 and do the same on a RJ45 ( cat5 ) , which wires connect to which ?

Thanks

Oh ...
And while I'm at it ... where can a fellow also find out for the output from the RJ45 connections , which wires connect to the SSR's

TERBObob,

This came directly from the directions Macrosill sent out with one of the 595 coop's.
There are pics of the connectors and their pinouts
in the wiki.

"There are 4 pins in the parallel port you need to locate. They are pins 1, 2, 14 and any one of pins 18-25. Pin 1 from the parallel port must be connected to pin 5 of the “IN” RJ45 connector. Pin 2 of the parallel port must be connected to pin 8 of the “IN” RJ45 connector. Pin 14 of the parallel port must be connected to pin 7 of the “IN” RJ45 connector. Finally any one of pins 18-25 must be connected to pin 2 of the “IN” RJ45 connector. The above listed connections can be made through a custom cable or the utilization of a DB25 - RJ45 adapter with the appropriate terminations along with a standard network cable"

Jack

Please be patient with me , but when I went to the wiki and found the pinouts , this is what it said , which shows using 5 pins for the Rj45 input on the 595 boards ...

595 Style Controllers: Inputs

595/Grinch Controller RJ45 inputs (and daisy-chain outputs) should be pinned as follows:
Pin 1 - Power (optional)
Pin 2 - no connection
Pin 3 - Ground
Pin 4 - no connection
Pin 5 - Clock
Pin 6 - no connection
Pin 7 - Data Latch
Pin 8 - Serial Data In/Out

TerboBob

Here is the pinout I used on one of the DB25 to RJ 45 connectors

RJ45 Side DB25 LPT1 Side
1-Orange White -- + 5V
2 Orange -
3- White Green -----> Pin 18 Ground
4- Blue
5- White Blue --- Pin 1
6- Green
7- White Brown --- Pin 14
8- Brown ------ Pin 2

Or Standard pinout

RJ 45 Pin 1 to 5 Volt power
RJ 45 Pin 2 n/c
RJ 45 Pin 3 Gnd (DB Pins 18 -25)
RJ 45 Pin 4 n/c
RJ 45 Pin 5 to DB Pin 1
RJ 45 Pin 6 n/c
RJ 45 Pin 7 DB Pin 14
RJ 45 Pin 8 DB Pin 2

Jim

First , let me thank you for being patient with me .
Now , I have to say , this is getting confusing .
I am gonna post a pic of the actual PCB ( 595 ) I just purchased and would GREATLY appreciate any help .
1) need to know the pinouts for the RJ45 to DB25
2) need to know which pin is for the power supply ( 5 volts regulated )

I honestly hate a ka-zillion questions , and I DO appreciate any and all help that I am receiving .

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/forum/files/595_renc_x2_273.jpg

Thanks again ...

Here is WIRING of DB25 to RJ 45

PIN 1 color Orange White to + 5V
2 Orange -
3- White Green --to --> Pin 18 Ground
4- Blue
5- White Blue --to-> Pin 1
6- Green
7- White Brown --to --> Pin 14
8- Brown ---to---> Pin 2
for mor rj45 diagram