DIGWDF RenStick

mikel3332

How do i get the wifi signal to these. I am only using wired connections and have not tried wireless at all. What do i need to connect a wifi router to my pc to send the signal to these.I am running Vixen and renard controllers, Kind of looking for a step by step.

Yepper doodle,, I'm just curious if I go from the dangle to the router or if I need something in-between

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yepper doodle,, I'm just curious if I go from the dangle to the router or if I need something in-between

You'll need to program the "dangle" to be on your wifi network. If you go to the link and look at the downloads tab I believe there to be documentation there on how to do all of that.

RenStick has its own complete assembly and user guide, like all the DIGWDF products. It does not include information on configuring your home wireless network, but it does include some helpful information about configuring the ESP module.

It may be helpful to review DIGWDF's ESP Snap-In assembly & user guide as it includes screen shots of the ESPixelStick firmware settings.

Attachments

• esp_snap_in_guide.pdf
    957.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks dirk,, I'm good with the stick itself, actually I'm love everything from the digwdf store,,,I was wondering if some one could help me with my pc to router setup. Right now i use a usb to cat 5 dongle to go to the renards and daisy chain them, everything is wired. I am just confused how to work a wifi router in there. Do I just use the dongle to cat 5 to the router, or do I use the ethernet port to the router.

Thanks dirk,, I'm good with the stick itself, actually I'm love everything from the digwdf store,,,I was wondering if some one could help me with my pc to router setup. Right now i use a usb to cat 5 dongle to go to the renards and daisy chain them, everything is wired. I am just confused how to work a wifi router in there. Do I just use the dongle to cat 5 to the router, or do I use the ethernet port to the router.

Thanks for the kind comments!

If you use a USB dongle to go to the Renards, you're using a Serial connection. As such, your sequencer is using an output plugin that sends the sequence out the serial port. Sequencers can also send the same information out the network port, but it involves using an addition output plugin (often the J1Sys plugin) to send channel data to the network instead of a COM port. Then the wi-fi router typically will transmit data they receive that way. This is a very simplistic explanation because there's more than meets the eye when you deal with wireless networks, but it's essentially it.

Ok, i finally had some spare time and got the esp programmed and seen on the network, but i am lost programming the pic for the stick, i had no problem programming the pics for the renards but my pickit 2 doesnt seem to recognize the 16f1825 pic

Back