DIGWDF Store Announcement

dirknerkle

Supporting Member
DIGWDF Store Happenings

The DIGWDF Store at Dirknerkle's Inventorium and Generally Worthless Device Factory is open for business!

Why do we have it?
For the past couple years we've supplied Ren-W boards to the DIYC community via the "group buys" forum. It hasn't made any sense, really, since there's really no real "group buy" going on -- it's just where the program seemed to fit. Well, the Dirkmeister thought that rather than answer numerous PMs and postings about "are there any of these left?" and "how do I buy one?" and "what's the difference between...", etc. it would be much, much more convenient to set up a store, replenish stock levels as the need arose and dispense with all the other stuff. That's the main reason why. The secondary reason is just for fun. We plan to put "stuff" out there on the store over time -- stuff that you know you can't do without...

Basic Plan
Our plan is to maintain a basic stock of a few select items, in particular Ren-W and specific MiniRen boards and once in a while, throw in some sort of special for some new goofy thing that we've created that you know you absolutely need to have!

Registration Required
You'll need to register to order from the DIGWDF store, and I'm looking at disabling some of the information requirements that are currently there. We don't need to know your shoe size, height or IQ, and since all payments (PayPal and credit cards) are handled by PayPal, we won't be storing your credit card information. Note though that if paying by credit card, PayPal will validate the address you provide with your credit card and the card may be rejected if they aren't a match. Note also that is our policy not to provide any of your personal information to anyone for any reason.

Pricing Plan
Our goal is to include free shipping with every item based on shipping to the continental United States. Of course, you know as well as I do that what "free" means is that the shipping is already figured into the item price, so that's no big whoop... (Even so, it sounds pretty good!) Otherwise, it is also our goal to keep prices as low as we possibly can given the demand for a specific item. Obviously, products that have shorter stock levels often incur greater production expense which makes the cost per item higher. Sorry, we can't help that -- we didn't invent mathematics...

Shipments to Other Countries
The store is set up to convert to a few different currencies and of course, U.S. Dollars is always appropriate. However, because shipping to other countries fluctuates so greatly, we will provide an individual quote on shipping to your location for all non-U.S. deliveries. Therefore, be sure to include a valid email address OR your DIYC username so we can get back to you with the quote when the delivery address is outside the United States. Thanks.

Keeping Up-To-Date
We will check stock levels regularly and reorder stock as appropriate. However, there may be times when we are just flat out. We'll try to keep the front page up-to-date with status information about stock replenishment in progress... Thanks in advance for your patience.

Exclusivity
All (or almost all) of our circuit board layouts are currently available on DIYC in either the file library or elsewhere. They are or will be available in the file library at diychristmas.org as well, so you can always etch your own as it comes to one of our designs. However, we reserve for ourselves any commercial or mass-production of our designs and ask end-users to respect that. And as many of our designs mimic the designs of others, commercial production for profit is prohibited.

There you have it folks. All the news that's fit to print, and some of it to read... And as I write this, I see that one of our one-of-a-kind prototypes has already been spoken for! DIGWDF Store is the place to go to find stuff that you either won't find anywhere else or, in some cases, stuff that you can't believe anybody would even bother to make!

Last edited:
I would like 10 wireless extension cords!!!!!!!! Didnt I see them in the store? lol

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm all DMX so far. As soon as I get my E1.31 bridge up, I will try connecting it to a REN-W.

Here is what might be a stupid question. Assuming I want to use RENARD protocol instead of DMX to drive my SS16's. What do I physically need to connect from my computer to the REN SS boards? I do not have any serial ports only USB. What connects the USB port to the SS16? Is there a piece of equipment in the middle somewhere?

Unfortunately I'm all DMX so far. As soon as I get my E1.31 bridge up, I will try connecting it to a REN-W.

Here is what might be a stupid question. Assuming I want to use RENARD protocol instead of DMX to drive my SS16's. What do I physically need to connect from my computer to the REN SS boards? I do not have any serial ports only USB. What connects the USB port to the SS16? Is there a piece of equipment in the middle somewhere?

It's a good question. Renard uses serial input, either RS-232 or RS-485. You'd need a USB to RS-xxx to connect directly from your PC to an SS16. Personally I'd suggest an USB to Rs-485 converter since RS485 is more robust and will serve you better in the long run.

It's a good question. Renard uses serial input, either RS-232 or RS-485. You'd need a USB to RS-xxx to connect directly from your PC to an SS16. Personally I'd suggest an USB to Rs-485 converter since RS485 is more robust and will serve you better in the long run.

I think this was in reference to using Ren-W. So a USB Explorer board with X-bee radio at the PC, And a Ren-W or Ren-W snap-in at the ren16SS.

Brian

I would like 10 wireless extension cords!!!!!!!! Didnt I see them in the store? lol

Here at DIGWDF, we don't take any suggestions or requests for granted. In response to what appears to be an agonizingly urgent plea (8 exclamation marks), we have worked our engineers to the bone to fill Firecop252's request, and we are very pleased to offer this photo of our first working prototype: the DIGWDF wireless extension cord.

Notice the smooth lines, the protective end, and of course, there is no connection between the two ends because -- it's wireless! Your friends will be amazed -- they'll hardly know it's there! Your neighbors won't see any wires in the yard at all. And it's a snap to install, too! What's more, with this new product, you won't have any of the flickering you often get with LEDs -- this cord can give you a completely snubberless installation. And while this prototype is in a cream white color, we plan to offer a rainbow of 147 color options (including plaid and paisley) when production begins in April.

Our accounting department is working on pricing now, and our engineers are already working feverishly with the production staff to turn out what is sure to become another hit with the DIY lighting crowd.

So save your pennies -- the FC252 wireless extension cord will be available at the DIGWDF store soon!

Another product from DIGWDF - Dirknerkle's Inventorium and Generally Worthless Device Factory. At DIGWDF we don't separate fact from fiction, we make our own rules as we go along.

Attachments

• wireless_power.jpg
    wireless_power.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 315
I'm hoping that's the price they PAY you to take the stuff away...

How do you think I feel? I had to eat the damn stuff every christmas growing up! :cry: Which is why I swore a solemn oath that I would NEVER expose my own kids to the vile stuff!

Instead I married a woman from the northern parts of Sweden that loves something called "surströmming", which basicly is fermented herring, and much, MUCH worse than Lutfisk could ever be! :eek:mg:

Another product from DIGWDF - Dirknerkle's Inventorium and Generally Worthless Device Factory. At DIGWDF we don't separate fact from fiction, we make our own rules as we go along.

Good one... good luck on the new venture. I will soon be placing an order for Ren-W. This is my first year and Im doing it wireless! Am I nuts?

Thanks Dirk, I knew you would come through. My dream of all wireless will be complete once I have those and a few other parts from this GREAT store. Cant wait for production to begin on the FC252. See what all this talk of wireless does to a person. :wow: Thanks again Dirk for doing this. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW CORDS!!!!!

Dirk,

You left off another attribute of your wireless plugs. They are green. They are the most "Energy Saving" component of your display.

When can we expect the range extended versions? I heard through BLINKYLEAKS.COM that you will soon start shipping only the receiver portion of the pair, leaving the other one plugged in at the source. This will be an amazing savings, as it should cut shipping costs in half. Have you heard anything more from the Senate hearings with regards to cross border transmission of the power, and I'm sure our EU cousins are eagerly awaiting to hear how you will be dealing with the 120/240 issues.

Looking forward to the next whitepapers on the topic.

Last question: Will you be publishing the patent information? I'm curious as I had tried and failed to achieve this myself. Unfortunately I only had partial success as it only seemed to transmit the "wrong half" of the A/C wave, when hooked to my LED strands?

Back