Diptrace Custom Components

dirknerkle

Supporting Member
I've started using Diptrace for my PCB layouts, and (so far) like it very much. I've created a library of custom components I use rather frequently, and I'll try to keep it up-to-date here. I'm hoping that others who might decide to use Diptrace will do likewise -- sharing components only makes it easier for everyone.

My file is named dirkdiptrace.zip -- using the zip extension so DIYC will accept the upload. Inside the file is a library named xbee.lib. Extract the xbee.lib file to the c:\programs\diptrace\lib folder on your computer (providing you went with the default install). When you restart Diptrace it will display the library along the top of the viewing window along with all the other installed libraries.

As of the edit date of this post, the following custom components are inside the library. I'll add more and update the file and this list as time permits:

** xbee header mount/outline
** 5mm terminal block
** 5x20 mm fuse holder (horizontal board mount clips)

Attachments

• dirkdiptrace.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Dave:

I haven't fired up DipTrace in seven months, but it's on the agenda soon. I'll ship over some of my custom components as well.

\dmc

I used DipTrace for the Ren48LSD but switched to Eagle for every thing since - I may go back to it though - DT is definitely easier to use and is more intuitive (to me anyway).

One of the reasons I like it is because it has the word 'DIP' in it. Seems like an appropriate thing for me to use.:eek:mg:

Back