Documentation: User guides, tutorials, and videos

sallz0r

(This post will be updated over time. At the moment, there's not much documentation out there! My apologies, please check back soon!)

At the current time, most of the current documentation revolves around the preview. We're going to be working on that over the next while.

I noticed that earlier the documetation page was under construction. Is there any ETA on if the documents and tutorials on the documetation link are working? When i try to click on any of them, it wont go to any of the pages, it just says done with errors and just leads me right back to the same page.

Thanks,
Julie

Its not giving me an error, just I get a "done with errors" at the bottom of the page, and it acts like its loading, I get the green bar at the bottom of the page, then it reloads the exact same page. It wont bring me to a different page no matter which link I click on. So I am unsure if it is something on my machine, or or if it was the site. That's why i wanted to ask. I will try it on another computer when I get home to see if it is something with this laptop.
Thanks
Julie

Its not giving me an error, just I get a "done with errors" at the bottom of the page, and it acts like its loading, I get the green bar at the bottom of the page, then it reloads the exact same page.

I just tried it with IE, FireFox and Chrome and all work. What browser are you using? Maybe that's the issue?

Mike, I just 'found' the vixen lights site and tried to login. Apparently I'm not registered yet but when you click to register you get an apache error:
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at www.vixenlights.com Port 80

Several pages have been updated today on the vixenlights.com website for documentation. It's still a long way from complete but there's a lot more up there now to help new users get started.
Pay particular attention to the concepts section and it's 3 parts. It should help explain a lot of how vixen 3 is intended to work.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see that. The login on the vixenlights is strictly for website admins. There's nothing that the average user would gain from having a login.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda put it on hold because I had some major life issues come up this past year. And then because the software was changing faster than I could do good videos to cover it. A lot of it should stabilize a bit over the next few months and I'll get back to it. I don't see a lot of major UI changes coming over the next few months that would invalidate any video work.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkvackwards

Trouble with Vixen, After the new download i have no grid to see anything on.
i have the top toolbar and the left toolbar, the sound will play but no soundwave or scrolling grid, any suggestions?

Trouble with Vixen, After the new download i have no grid to see anything on.
i have the top toolbar and the left toolbar, the sound will play but no soundwave or scrolling grid, any suggestions?

Go here:

C:\Users\Derek\AppData\roaming\Vixen

and delete the file TimedSequenceEditorForm.xml

replace "Derek" in the above with your login name.

To see this hidden folder, you have to turn on hidden folders in your Windows configuration.

Hello All
I was printing out some documentation on the vixen website the other day, went back today to finish, and the link does not take me to any documentation anymore. Is there something I am missing or is the cite being updated.

Thanks
Shawn W

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. There does seem to be a problem with the site at the moment and I'm looking into it. The pages are actually there, but the menu isn't appearing for some reason.

Back